Friday, April 1, 2011

Warm With Love

I have a very special post to share with you all today. A few weeks ago, I received an e-mail from Theresa Momber, one of the fantastic illustrators over at Gina K. Designs. She informed me that her newest stamp set, was designed around all of the swan photos that I had posted last Summer/Fall. Isn't that just the coolest? Well her set is released and she asked me to do some designing with it, which is just as cool! Today is my first post using her gorgeous set called Warm With Love.

I have seen many creations already posted using Warm With Love, but I am not sure I saw a black and white one. All of the little nature elements she has included will truly be some of those "go to" stamps. I was also happy to see some new sentiments, also. Theresa has been working with the set for some time now, so please check out her blog, and be sure to scroll. Today though, she has posted another card by me!

My base is Onyx Black and Pure White, Pure Luxury card stock. I added a layer of MM designer paper. I created my scene/sentiment piece with punched corners from Martha Stewart. My tall grasses are stamped with London Fog from Memento, and all other stamping is done with Tuxedo Black. Touches of Copic marker were added to my swan, and he was cut and popped. For accents I used sheer black ribbon which is laced and tied through a reverse print, chipboard button. A simple grey rose was then added.

I just had to end with a photo of my feathered friends. They are so fun to watch! Thanks for stopping by, and I do appreciate all comments.

21 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Oh, Mary Anne! I just love your black and white card. It's so elegant and positively gorgeous! I love the corner details. Thank you so much!

craftieodmae said...

this is absolutely beautiful!!!! The swan is so real like, gorgeous corners too!

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh so awesome in B/W Mary Anne! Love this!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is very elegant, love it in black and white.

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh Girly,.... this is a stunner. So striking in black and white... simply elegant! Yay you!

Becky said...

This is stunning MaryAnne! Love the black and white.

Nana Griffin said...

This is indeed very lovely!

Patti J said...

Mary Anne, this is fabulous - I think the black and white is so stunning! Congratulations on being invited to showcase Theresa's wonderful creations! You've done a beautiful job! Love the swan photo too! Have a great weekend!

Carol L said...

Huge congrats for the honor of contributing to a beautiful stamp set design! Your card is just gorgeous, and I'm thrilled for you! {{hugs}}

Kristie W. said...

How cool that your photos inspired the stamp set! You did an incredible job of showcasing these new stamps :) I'm going to be a new follower thanks to Theresa!

Janice M said...

Congrats Mary Anne!! Looks good in B&W, very elegant!

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is one of the most beautiful black and white cards I have seen. What a nice thing to have a stamp inspired by your pictures.

Cheri said...

So gorgeous, MF. I love the drama of black and white and swans.

It is so AWESOME Theresa found inspiration in your swans and created a stamp set from it. My set should arrive soon and each time I use it, I'll think of you.

CraftieConnie said...

This is absolutely stunning, Mary Anne! What a great black and white card. Love your layout!
You did Theresa proud, and how nice to have influenced her creation

Wendy said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!! I love this, Mary Anne! :)

Patti P. said...

Congrats, Mary Anne.....love this in the B/W combo...so elegant. What an honor for her to have used your beautiful pictures and then to GD with her set. So happy for you!

Lagene said...

Congrats Mary Anne...It's so fantastic that Theresa designed her stamp set from your swan photos! Your card is beautiful!

Cynthia said...

This is really gorgeous, Mary Anne! I'm so glad that I hopped over to your blog. It's nice to put a face with the name. I've so enjoyed your work over the last couple of years on StampTV

Brenda said...

Mary Anne this is gorgeous!!!! I love it in B&W fabulous idea!

redwasher1 said...

WOW!!!! I love this beautiful card!!!You rock!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Your card is so lovely! And congratulations to you...what an honor!