Saturday, April 2, 2011

Joan's Gardens Tag Challenge

Happy Saturday, dear blogging friends! Today I would like to share with you a tag I whipped up for Joan's Gardens Tag Challenge, this week. This is my very first time joining in on the fun! I have seen some gorgeous creations on this challenge!I used a #13 Manila tag and painted it with white acrylic paint. I tore and layered some K&Co paper and many leaf punches, topping it off with a handmade flower. I added a bird punch from SU! After using Vintage Photo Distress Ink on my edges, I shabbied it up with some Gina K. Design stamps, and topped it off with a birthday sentiment. My hanger is pale blue organza.

Well now, that was fun. I would like to thank everyone who left me a beautiful comment yesterday on my swan card! You rock!


I am also entering this in the Create with Bubbe Birthday Challenge.


For those who have been saying prayers for my Niece, she could not hold out any longer and delivered by C-Section on Thursday morning. The baby is 2 pounds 10 ounces and has already been taken off oxygen, so he is a fighter! His name is Flynn Patrick (Patrick after my niece's mother, Pat, who passed away 3 weeks ago). Flynn is almost 32 weeks. Please continue to include them in your prayers. Thanks!

14 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh I will keep Flynn in my prayers! Your tag is a stunner... you just had to do... more competition LOL! Tags are pretty fun I've decided!

Kristie W. said...

Flynn will be in my prayers, what a strong little guy he is! Your tag is awesome, so many layers of goodness to see. Great job!

Janice M said...

What a beautiful Tag Mary Anne! Will keep your niece and baby Flynn in my thoughs & prayer.

Patti P. said...

So glad to hear he is doing well....hope things continue to improve for all of the family. Will say a prayer. Your tag is so pretty...I love all of the lovely things on it to look at. So creative.TFS and good luck.

Payne Holler Cards said...

will certainly continue to pray!

love your tag!! all the elements go together so beautifully (-:

Wendy said...

Beautiful tag!!! I love it, Mary Anne!
Keeping your niece in my thoughts & prayers! Hope the little one continues to do well!

craftieodmae said...

your tag is gorgeous, does this mean you ain't voting for mine LOL???? My computer lives, will explain later..........catching up on blogs now...

CraftieConnie said...

Oh Mary Anne, how pretty! Love the little birdie. Flynn sure is a little fighter, and with the love and support he needs, I am sure he will be able to go home with his Mommy soon,
and they can enjoy the little one as they should be able to!

Peggy said...

beautiful!!!! I love this. thanks for sending to the birthday challenge!!

Carol L said...

Your tag is so pretty with that great flower and pretty bird! I'm so glad the baby was delivered successfully and he's proving to be a fighter! I LOVE his name too!! It kinda has a regal feel to it, don't you think?
I hope things continue to improve for your family during these trying times.

redwasher1 said...

Mary Anne your tag is stunning!! I will keep Flynn in my prayer!!! I must have missed your swan card, off to check it out!!

Kerrie said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous!.... what a little fighter, I will be praying for Flynn!

Selma said...

Your tag is gorgeous Mary Anne. I will keep Flynn in my prayers. Thanks for joining us in the tag challenge at Joan's Gardens.

Elaine said...

I think I did almost the same thing you did, went to a DOTS party in 1992 and was hooked. Then
scrapbooked a lot, but then ended up coming back to stamping and having a ball. Love, love, your tag for Joan's Garden challenge!
elaine