Monday, April 11, 2011

Birthday Bluebird

Happy Monday! I finally got to play with some of my new toys I bought on Saturday! I started with a new Sizzix EF from their Garden Flowers set. I did it on white and it was cool, but I decided to add color to the embossing using my Copics. Love that embossed stitching!

Next I decided I needed a Spellbinders die to add next to the embossing. I chose Labels Seventeen, which was also new. I added different leaves from the HCPC2252 Stems and Leaves, Pre-Cut set by Heartfelt Creations. The inks are Spanish Olive VersaMagic and Certainly Celery from SU! That formed a great background to pop an image from. I decided on the bluebird from Heartfelt's HCPC641 Bluebird with Flowers set. This was also colored with Copics and fussy cut. I added a happy birthday tag, brad, pearl, and some pink gingham ribbon. The base of my card is Creme De Menthe, Pure Luxury card stock from Gina K. Designs. That used 4 of my new scores from the show!


This card will also be entered in the Create With Bubbe Birthday Challenge. I think she must be getting tired of loading my cards, lol!

Have a great beginning to your week. It is going up to 85 degrees today! Woo Hoo! Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

craftieodmae said...

absolutely beautiful! I'm sure Peggy loves posting your cards, enjoy your day playing while I'm slaving away LOL

Patti P. said...

I haven't seen those folders and I LOVE it!! So pretty colored..what at great job on this card. You got lots of great things and you made a beautiful card with them. I want some!!lol

Kerrie said...

Wow, new toys to play with, and I'm with Patti, I've not seen these either, but wow this is just gorgeous, good luck with the challenge, you are a winner in my books!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love your new embossing folders... way cool! What a fun card, so full of spring!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oooh aahhh new bits and bobs..........lucky girl!!! Love this card so pretty Mary Anne and it shouts SPRING!!!!!

Selma said...

Sizzix is sure coming out with some great embossing folders, aren't they. I love this one but haven't seen it yet. The stitching is wonderful and your card is gorgeous.

Patti J said...

Woweeeeee, Mary Anne! This is so lovely! The embossing folder is awesome, and your card is totally amazing! Hurry up, spring!!! Hugs!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I love, love the way you did this card. Everything is just so perfect. The folder is amazing, I would have never thought to buy one like this. That bird is amazing. I may just have to look around at HFC if I ever get money again! LOL. Not complaining though I'm have so much fun using up my stuff.

Carol L said...

Gorgeous, GORGEOUS detail work on this one!! I hadn't seen that ef until now, but you really worked your magic on this one! Love it!

Janice M said...

Oh I Love that stitching on the new embossing folder! I like those Label 17's too! Great card Mary Anne! Hope your enjoying this GORGEOUS day!

CraftieConnie said...

And a beautiful bluebird it is Mary Anne, love your card, and the colors are so pretty. All that work you have put into it makes this whole card superbe!