Friday, April 30, 2010

What's Cooking?

I just wanted to post this card I created using Asela Hopkins new stamp set she designed for Gina K. Designs. It is called Sew Pretty and is a combo of vintage sewing and cooking images.
I layered card stock of kraft and deep rose. My designer papers are from Denna's Closet and the new Tim Holtz, Vintage Shabby. I used a combination of paper piecing, Copics, and colored pencil w/ oms for my images. I accented with a white gel pen where possible. The recipe card stamp with the spoons is an unmounted, unknown from my stash. I added some aqua dotted swiss ribbon as an embellishment.

I always appreciate when you stop by, and I hope your mojo is flowing like a river.

5 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is awesome! Love the paper piecing... so retro!

buggin2stamp said...

Awesome Mary Anne. I love the recipe page look. You just gave me a fabulous idea to make a cookbook cover using this set. Have a super weekend!

Kerrie said...

What cooking ... well I've just made pumpkin soup (LOL)... you card is just gorgeous.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Love it as always! This set on on my list too!
You are always so creative with your cards.

Payne Holler Cards said...

yikes! I love what you did with her...but I am really lovin that kraft and deep rose with that pop of aqua ribbon! would never have thought of that...and I see her blue eye shadow!!! wonderful!
please let Dee know we miss her - is she all unpacked yet?