Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tuesday Trigger & Inspire 7

I tried to incorporate 2 challenges into this card. The Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab is hosted by Alicia and is called Hippity Hop, Easter's On It's Way. The inspire piece is more rich colors than pastels
This week on Stamp TV, Gina brought us a video on gate fold cards. She used this as a lead in for her Wednesday, Inspire7 challenge. I don't make these too often and now that I finally have a Scor-Pal, it makes life easier. Just had to combine the two.

My card base and next layer are both Pure Luxury card stock. I used Green Apple and Soft Sand. The dp is from K&Co. My stamps are from two different new sets from Gina K. Designs. The sweet duckie is from Rupa Shevde's set called Spring Has Sprung. The sentiment is from the new free with three set called Friends, also from GKD. My distressing is with Colorbox ink. I layered my duck with Marvey punches, attached it and added buttons for accents. My inside sentiment is a simple Easter Greetings stamp. I paper pieced the umbrella with the reverse side of the dotted paper. Oh, and BTW, the Copics I used are B00, BG72, E35, R39, Y11, Y23, YG03, YR02, and YR21.

Hope everyone is ready for the Easter Bunny. Many folks will be enjoying some well deserved time off. Some will have to work to keep things perking for the rest of us. What ever you may be doing, do it safely and and enjoy.

8 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love,love,love this card.... just precious! You have a Happy Easter!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutley gorgeous!! and I love the new picture!

Linda Beeson said...

I watched her little video - your card turned out just right! Cute image and great use of the trigger too.

Jennie said...

Great looking card Mary Anne! Love the dp you used on this :o)

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Nice to finally put a picture to your voice.
I missed a lot of these great post latley. I love the basket! And this little duckie is just so sweet. Your scrap card is so cute!
I will be working all weekend on and off. Bob will be home and have puppy duty so maybe I can get something done, once I figure out where to start. LOL

Payne Holler Cards said...

missed everyone so much!!!! and LOOK at you!!!! you really arent a black lab!!! hehehehehehe...love your pic!
this card should get entered in the challenge for Gina's GD spot next week!! now I'm off to see what all I've missed over here
{{{{hugs}}}}
Linda

Sue said...

Very nice blog you have here Mary Anne. I love your cards! Thanks for commenting on my blog. The colors I used on the girl's hair are Copic markers...
YR23 - Yellow Ochre
Y26 - Mustard
E57 - Light Walnut

Sue

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Mary Anne! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. Thanks so much for playing along! :)