Saturday, April 3, 2010

For No Reason

Have you found that you are always making cards for challenges and occasions, and always trying to beat a deadline? I just wanted to create a card for absolutely no reason today! No pressure, no rules, no boundaries. Here is what I came up with.My Designer Paper is from SEI and their Oasis collection. The hand made flowers are what I created after watching a very informative video by Sherry Cheever and you can find it here. I used a Nestabilities Peony die and cut layers. I stamped all the layers with a new background stamp I just purchased at a show last weekend, from Stamp Camp. Distress Ink is the best stuff, and I used assorted colors. After using my embossing tool on the petals like Sherry showed, I put my layers together with silver brads.

I was messing around with paper twist that has been in my stash, and thought it might make some fun texture for leaves. I found it needed to be a little thicker so I glued it down to card stock and then cut leaf shapes. I used Peeled Paint Distress Ink and a dark olive marker to add accents. After I cut some V's, I attached them to my flowers.

The lady and tiny flower are die cuts from K&Co. My sentiment is from Annette Allen Watkins and was cut out with a Shapeabilities, Ribbon Tag Trio 2 die. I sponged it with the Peeled Paint DI and attached it to the card with some deep peach ribbon.

I hope you are enjoying some beautiful weather like we are. Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Janice M said...

Beautiful card Mary Anne! Love those flowers!!

craftieodmae said...

WOW! Aren't you creative today. This is awesome. Love those flowers & leaves! Yep I'm lovin this weather!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Gor-juss GF! I love those flowers! I love your picture too! It's fun to see a face to go with all your wonderful comments!

Betty Benton said...

Lovely card -- no pressure, just fun!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful flowers on a gorgeous card Mary Anne!!
So nice to sit and enjoy the process!
Off to check the link!!! Thanks ENjoy your Easter break!

redwasher1 said...

Love the vintage feel to this card!! Happy Easter Mary Anne!!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
How nice was that? I just love what you came up with! Those are some of my very favorite colors and you know how much I like vintage and distressed!