Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Morning

A very happy and blessed Easter to all of my blogging friends! I created a card for this post, that I wish I could send to each and every one of you. Please enjoy this beautiful day.
Let me start off by saying that this is a bit tedious but I love the results. My daffodils and sentiment are both stamps from Theresa Momber sets. The flowers are from her new Sending Sunshine set and the sentiment is from her Christmas set called, Very Merry Christmas. Both are available through Gina K. Designs. I colored with Copic #'s C1, RV17, Y19, Y23, Y38. YG03, YG06, YG17.

The background square is a stamp by Sweet Impressions. They had a series of different shaped medallions to choose from at a show my DD and I attended recently. We each chose 2 different ones so we could share. I decided to do a Pergamano technique on this by stamping on vellum. I used Stazon and was pleased with the fine delicate lines that did not smear. Next, I scratched in the areas that I wanted to remain a bright white. You must have a very light touch so you do not rip the vellum. When I finished, I colored in other areas with Copic markers on the reverse side. This gives a soft muted effect.

My ribbon treatment is something I designed with a needle and thread and then added a vintage glass button with gold trim. I used a Spellbinder, Fancy Tag for the sentiment and added a couple of green pearls. The dp is from DCWV.

Thank you so much for taking time to stop by, and again, Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

Oh Mary Anne! this is truly a masterpiece! love your coloring, design, ribbon with that button...that background is incredible..love that you made this for us! wow, so many details to enjoy...working with vellum is not one of my fav's but yours turned out perfect! {{{hugs}} to you! have a wonderful Easter..
Linda

The Other Patti Sue said...

You have totally WOWED me this morning!This is amazing.... all the detail... all I can say is WOW! Have a Happy Easter my friend!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is amazing over the top, wonderful!
I know all about the 20 hands thing.
Bob has of course chosen to leave all his chores til today so I guess I will still be watching dogs today! This is me not happy :(
I gave him 1 hour, then I'm done! the rest of the day he will have the dogs, I bought steak and bake patatoes so he can cook too! Then I will play.

Betty Benton said...

This card is a masterpiece! and to think you made it for us -- thank you!! Hope you're having a joy filled Easter!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Anne, you have a lovely blog. I love the colors on this card and how beautiful the daffodil looks, wonderful. :)