Friday, January 27, 2017

Sailing Away.


     Happy Friday!  How is it possible that another week has zoomed by?  Seems we are in for some real winter weather during the next week, so I already took my mind to the beach....LOL!  Anyway, on with my card.

     I was also excited to try out my first installment of Anna Griffin dies, which finally arrived yesterday. I have been looking for that perfect set that will cover all of the relatives, even the in-laws, holidays, numbers, and the special little words that hook everything together.  For this card, it was the word SON.  Thank you HSN for craft day, the easy pays and multi shipments.  For me, this set was a no-brainer.  I also used the border from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlets dies set from SU! and the sailboat die from Darice's Nautical Theme set.  My designer papers are digital, and my card stock is a charcoal metallic.  It is a simple card, but I do so struggle with masculine designs, so I am pleased.

     I would like to enter this card at Cuttlebug Mania Challenge which is Hobby, this go round.  Sailing is a hobby!

     It was such a fun card to put together and I thank you for stopping by to take a peek.


4 comments:

Carol L said...

Oh this is really cute and I love that die-cut word "Son" with the swirly tail! It perfectly mirrors those swirly dies!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
those digi papers are fantastic and the use of the black for the beautiful die cuts really works as a great color to tie it all together.

Donna Hanley said...

This is a super nice card and I also love that die cut word Son with the swirl. Nice digi paper also. Yes I think you'd better keep the beach in your mind for a while. We are supposed to get into real low temps next week also. Brrr! Enjoy your weekend.

JD/ Jill said...

Great Masculine card! Well designed. I watch that HSN channel and drool! Always have a long wish list...but never buy. I'm afraid if I get started I won't know when to stop...LOL!