Tuesday, January 31, 2017

NBUS # 10


     This will be my second post for this morning.  When I saw what Darnell had up her sleeve for the third part of her NBUS Challenge, I had to give it a go.  The NBUS as I explained before is Never Before Used Schtuff.  We all have plenty of that!  She has added an option of using bubble wrap in some way on your card.

     Of course when I go looking for a piece of bubble wrap to use, I only have the huge bubbles.  My first three prints, I dripped my re-inks directly onto the bubble wrap.  They were okay but not what I was looking for.  Next, I bit the bullet and dripped the ink onto my silicone mat.  I smooshed the bubble wrap into the color and applied that to my glossy card stock.  Bingo!  The ink was re-inkers from SU!, and the colors were Summer Sun and Blackberry Bliss.  Both bottles were still sealed ... schtuff.

     My card stocks are from Bazzill.  One is Mulberry and the other is a lemon color but had no title.   The stitched oval die is from MFT and more new schtuff is my new Anna Griffin happy birthday die.
     The flower was created with a Retro Flower punch from EKSuccess.  I used a yellow hemp twine,and I added centers from K&Co, which were also new.

     If you are interested in joining in, you can find the challenge over on Darnell's Blog, under NBUS #10.

     Thanks for visiting.  Also, if you would like to see my earlier post from today, click here.



10 comments:

jimlynn said...

The bubble wrap made such an interesting and pretty background. Beautiful card!
Lynn

Fikreta said...

beautiful!

Jenny L said...

Hi Mary,
what avery lovely card and your design is super.
Love your background bubble wrap design.
I too could only find the large bubble wrap, and then thought they put bubble wrap inside jiffy bags so I used that.
I too had a few goes before it came out how I liked it.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol L said...

You have completely inspired me to try using bubble wrap with reinkers now after seeing this beauty! It turned out to be some kind of fabulous with that great background and those pretty colors!!! That birthday sentiment die is to die for too - just GORGEOUS!!!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is cool, I remember when I did it with cling wrap on a snowman tag. It's alway fun to do something different.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic colors and a great way to use the bubble wrap. I love your design.

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful, we need to chat and catch up!!!!

Janice M said...

So pretty! Love those flower centers!!

Wendy said...

There is so much about this card I love, Mary Anne! First is the colors....they are perfect together! Second, I love the Bubble Wrap technique and I don't think I have ever done this but wowzers, what a cool affect! And lastly, that HB die is awesome! The font on it is so pretty! TFS and hope you have a great day! :)

Darnell said...

Go you, Mary Anne! I love it!! I was dying to know how the bubble wrap would work with SU reinkers and I'm glad to know they work so great when you smooch them! Fabulous! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10 and joining in the optional theme! Hugs, Darnell