Monday, January 30, 2017

A Get Well Wish


     I recently needed a get well card for a stamping friends husband, who became ill, and eventually had surgery.  He is doing much better now, but had a horrible January.

     My card uses the masking technique and one simple stamp from Rubbernecker Stamps. Oops, there is also the sentiment that was punched with an SU! circle punch.  I added touches of color to the center image to make it pop.  The papers were all pieces from my extras bin, and the embellishment was a bit of black twine.  This was a nice, flat card for mailing.  I may just have to make a few more of these to have on hand.  I think it is perfect as a masculine card.

     This is a true Monday.  I would like to crawl back under the covers!  How about you?

5 comments:

Wendy said...

This card is perfect for a masculine get well, Mary Anne! I love the little pill bottles and the get well sentiment! Shawn really appreciated the card and said that I have some of the nicest stamping friends! Thank you for thinking of him and all the advice you've given me on this illness. You & Carol are the best! TFS and have a wonderful day! Yes, i'd be happy to crawl back under the covers today but hubby has a doctor appt this afternoon.....ready for that drain to come out and continue healing up! One day at a time, right?! Hugs~

Carol L said...

What a great get well card for a guy! It isn't frilly or fancy - just perfect to convey those get well wishes the recipient needs!

jimlynn said...

Great get well card for a guy! Love just the right amount of color on it.
Lynn

Janice M said...

Perfect masculine card! It must have been the day for them.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is a great card for anyone but especially a masculine card those are so hard to do and this one is perfect.