Thursday, June 25, 2015

Teacher Cards

 
     My Darling GS will soon be moving to a new class in his school.  Right now he has 3 fantastic teachers who will need to be thanked.  I told my daughter that I had a new teacher set that I wanted to use and she allowed me to make the cards for them!

     The stamp set and die are both from Papertrey Ink, and will come in handy for many years to come, since he is only two.

     I used scraps of assorted papers, and those little border embossing folders, that I always forget about to create some texture.   I can't forget these cute little 3D pin wheels, by Recollections.
 
     I then realized that the negative from my die cutting made a cute stencil, and I used it with assorted Distress Inks. There was an old SU! apple set buried in my closet, and I thought it would be cute to stamp one in the same colors, fussy cut it, and pop it up.  Some little blue gems finish it off. I may just make 2 more and keep them on hand for his next move.


     These cards will be entered over at Pixie's Snippets Playground # 181/182, since I created with my bits.

     I would also like to enter my first set of cards at the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge, called Sentimental Journey.  I have my thank you teacher sentiment, and used my embossing folders. 
 
     Hope you like what I have come up with! 

5 comments:

Di said...

Wow Mary Anne - these are just terrific! What a great stamp and die set - and you used it beautifully, on both designs!

Hugs

Di xx

Patti P. said...

Lovely, I love the embossing and the die is perfect.I am loving the word dies! I forget the small embossing folders as well....great job on all of these.

jimlynn said...

ALL of these are fantastic! I'm really, really liking that die and stamp set too. These will just be perfect for your grandsons teachers and know they'll love them. Great idea to make a stencil out of the negative die cut too.
Lynn

Carol L said...

That's a really great set of cards, and I too always overlook all those narrow embossing folders (and the small square ones). I love that apple core on the last one with your stenciled images! Great idea, unique results!

Di said...

So happy to see you also playing over ast Cuttlebug Mania :-)

Hugs

Di xx