Thursday, June 11, 2015

Sitting on the Dock........

 
     .............and waiting, and waiting.  This was one of those cards that you can't get out of your head.  It uses lots of different elements, from different companies, but I think it came out cute in the end.

     Here is what I used:

Kraft base, embossed with Decorative Dots folder.
All Night Media wood grain stamp.
My dock image is from Art Impressions, and I do believe my sentiment is from River City.
The dies used are small sun from Lil Inkers, and the birds are from Impression Obsession.
I used whatever was on my sponges to create my background, and there is a bit of Copic coloring, and added touches of gel pen for foam.
The embellishments are bronze studs, and some hemp twine.

     I would like to enter this at Pixie's Snippets Playground #180, since I used bits of white card and a scrap of pearlized card to create my sun. 

     As per my friend Carol's suggestion, I am also going to enter this at the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge, called "Sunny".  This is a new one to me.  Thanks, Carol!

10 comments:

Carol L said...

ohhhhh, I really like this one!! You've created an awesome scene, and as soon as I spotted that cute sun, I thought of the Cuttlebug Mania challenge -

http://cuttlebugmania.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/sunny.html

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the popped us seagull~ great card

Patti P. said...

Mary Anne, this is wonderful, what a funny sentiment...
I love the scene you created, that takes a lot of creativity and thought. Beautiful job.

jimlynn said...

A perfectly wonderful scene and makes me wish I was sitting on that dock right now! LOVE your card.
Lynn

Di said...

FABULOUS scene Mary Anne! And how great to also see you joining in the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge where I'm on the DT. This is just perfect use of snippets as well as a wonderful sunshine entry over at Cuttlebug Mania!

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

Oh, hahaha, Mary Anne, I HAVE this stamp! And I have an old dock stamp I use with it. Gosh, I haven't made one of those in ages and I never made one as nice as this with die cuts and texture and dimension! Great snippets card!! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jannie said...

Thank you Carol!! Lol

Love your entry, it's a gorgeous card!!

Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

Cuttlebugs&Hugs
Jannie

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

It was just a duplicate

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
You go GF, forget diamonds your best friends are DIES. I love this card.