Friday, June 19, 2015

Friends with Flair Time!

 
    Happy Friday, gang!  Hubby is on a vacation day today, and we are going to go for a nice long ride.  This man needs to get away.  Anyway, here is my Friends with Flair post for this Friday.  I used my Unity KOM of June.  Started with a kraft card base, added a scrap of designer paper, and then pondered.  Yes, I am hooked on doing water color now.  I put all the stamps together, stamped in Distress Ink, and pulled it together with a water brush.  I had a bag of the Claudine Hellmuth little craft sticks, and decided I would try using one for a sentiment.  I kind of like it!   I added a few tiny gems to bring in the sparkle.

     I would also like to enter this over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where this week the challenge is "Use you're favorite technique, and product".  Mine is water coloring, and Distress Ink

     I appreciate the visit, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and week ahead!

21 comments:

Carol L said...

Isn't watercoloring fun?? I find myself doing that a lot more often too, and oh how I love what you've done with this card! That's a great sentiment too! Have yourself a great day on that long drive you're about to embark upon! HAVE FUN!

ScrapYourWorld said...

great watercoloring!! It is fun to do. Love the card.
paula D

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love your watercolor look! Great card, and very summery!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Love, love your watercoloring, it always turns out soooooo pretty. That craft stick is unique and fits the card well.

jimlynn said...

Mary Anne, this is WOW!!! A sensational card and I do love the watercoloring on here. WONDERFUL!!!
Have a good ride today and a great weekend.
Lynn

Rebecca Wong said...

Lovely card, love the watercolor on the card

Berina RGA said...

beautiful card.. love the watercoloring..

Ruby said...

Gorgeous card Mary Anne. I love water coloring as well. It is so relaxing and I find it is an easy technique with the Unity stamps.

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh, this is very beautiful! Lovely coloring on the flower.

Linda said...

I love you lovely flower It is so pretty!

Unknown said...

Lovely watercoloring! Wonderful card!

Dawn Fields said...

This card is breathtaking! Stunning!

Bananastamper said...

I love the effect and the look of your watercolouring! Fabulous image and sentiment choice.
Shanna

Tenia Nelson said...

So so FUN!!

Patti P. said...

Mary Anne, this has to go in my favorites. I love the watercoloring on this card, really makes the image pop. Love the craft stick, so creative. Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Kris B said...

Beautiful watercolored flower! Love the craft stick sentiment!

StampTramps said...

Your water coloring is wonderful!

D- said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful FWF card.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

ionabunny said...

Lovely card. The craft stick is a cute idea. Hugz

Jo Nevill said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the colours you used.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Darnell said...

I'm with you on the watercoloring, Mary Anne! It's very fun! You did a really beautiful job with this lovely image!! I hope you enjoyed your ride and hubby felt better! Hugs, Darnell