Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Oh My! AI!

     Good Wednesday morning!  When I saw an announcement on FB for new Art Impression stamps, exclusively at Michaels Craft store, I had to go check them out.  There are 5 sets, and 3 had to come home with me immediately!  I just love the AI Oldies... they crack me up. 

 
     Sooooo, here is my first try with a set called... well, there is not a name anywhere on the set.  I will just call it the gardening set. The hose stamp is included, but the little patch of grass is a separate AI stamp I have had for years. My coloring is done with Copic markers, and all papers are scraps from my desk.  I believe the dotted card stock was something I also picked up at Michaels.  Even the mini Prima flowers were shoved in a corner of the desk top.  The candy dots in their centers are from SU!  I found that stamped border in a tub of junk and recycled it.  So, that is how this card came to be.

     AI recently had a blog hop to introduce these fun stamps.  Here is the link.

     Since I used table scraps to create this card, I would like to enter it over at Pixie's Snippets Playground # 130.

     I am headed off to the hospital for a nerve study on my hand/arm.  The Dr. thinks that an injury about 6 weeks ago, triggered  that dreaded Tunnel business.  Ugh!  Say it ain't so!  I am not sure this test is pleasant.  Surgery would mean no crafting, but it has to be determined.

9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Good luck with the test.............pain ain't no good at all!!!!
I love the card, those images are just to cute!!!!

Donna Hanley said...

I'm still laughing over this image and the sentiment that put used with it. I love the whole card. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for no surgery. I just averted surgery on my back and I am so very thankful, so hopefully you will have the same kind of good news. Keep us informed, pleased. It's funny how much we would miss our crafting if we could not do it on a regular basis. Best of Luck

Carol L said...

AHahahaha!!! That image cracks me up, and I love the way you colored it! The sentiment is beyond funny - and I can't stop snickering!
I hope the test goes well and isn't too painful. Hopefully, this will pinpoint the area where your pain is coming from and you'll be able to fix what's wrong! Keep us posted when you can!

jimlynn said...

LOVE THIS! I know by the time I ever get to Michael's they're going to all be gone! Maybe they'll have another shipment in them. I love all the AI stamps! This one is adorable and made into such a cute, cute card. Love your coloring on this gal too!
Hope all goes good with your hand! Yikes on surgery - but best to get it taken care of if that's the case.
Lynn

dee marie said...

This a great mom! Love it! She is a riot!

Di said...

Super image and a great card. Got me laughing here :-)

Hope the tests went fine and that the CTS is sorted out soon!

Hugs

Di xx

Becky said...

What an awesome image and awesome card.

Angie C. D. said...

HA!! Darn, cute card!! Love the sassy image and sentiment. May there be complete healing in your arm and hand.

JD/ Jill said...

This is such a cute image, and you made a great card with it...I don't know how I missed some of these great cards from a while ago...