Monday, June 30, 2014

A Little Thanks

      How is it Monday morning, already!  Ugh!  Oh well, time is one thing we have no control over.  It was a very uneventful weekend, and I guess that is a good thing .  Sounds like we are in for a stinker  midweek. 

 
     Today I would like to share a card I created for my dear friend Johnny.  He has been great with taking care of our doggie, when we go to visit the kids.  She just loves him. 

     My stamp is from Rubber Café, and was cut out with a SB scalloped Oval.  I pierced the ruffle, and colored with Copic markers.  Diamond Stickles were added to the wings.  I inked my Darice Paw print EF with slate grey ink, and did it blotchy so it looked like stone/cement.  I added a band of black, glossy snake skin paper from my stash, and the die cut is called "A Little Thanks" from Memory Box.

     I would like to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is Anything Goes.

     Hope that the week bring lots of fun and pleasant Summer happenings your way.

8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

this is just fantastic!!!! Love the image and the back ground!!!

Becky said...

This is just awesome. I love the embossing, so cool.

JD/ Jill said...

This is really cute...bet he loved this card!

Lin said...

This is perfect for him, Mary Anne! I love the embossing especially! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

jimlynn said...

What a great way to tell your friend "thanks"! Love the embossing background and of course that image is precious! Don't know why I can't ever think of using my Stickles!
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Great card, Mary Anne. I love the look of that embossing. it did come out like cement. Johnny with love this that for sure. Enjoy the week.

Carol L said...

This is just adorable! I love love love how you colored the background, and it does look just like wet cement! Howdjadodat? LOL Johnny will love this card as much as I do I'm sure, and how sweet of you and the pooch to send him a thank-you card ;) stay cool!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
How did I miss this it is just adorable that heart and those wings are just precious on this puppy. Love that EF.