Sunday, June 8, 2014

NBUS, you say?

     Here is a challenge created by a very funny lady by the name of Darnell.  Her blog is called djkardkreations.  She created this challenge to celebrate the milestone of 500 followers to her blog!  Now NBUS you ask?  It stands for "Never Before Used Schtuff".  Well I know I have plenty of that!

 
     My card uses a stamp set that I have never inked.  I have lent it out, but it is a new one to me. The set is called "The Line of Bull".  I consider this a friends card, because you know we share all of our aches and pains with our friends.  I mean, who else would listen to it? I am so glad that Darnell said that the older, unloved schtuff would be happiest if used first.  I have had this for ages!  I also broke out this textured, metallic silver card stock that was pushed in a deep, dark corner.  The coloring was done with Copic markers, and I used twine from American Craft, and a small charm that I won from a challenge, ages ago.

     I would also like to enter this at TTCRD, where it is "Anything Goes".  Also want to enter at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where they want Masculine/Father's Day.  This horse is masculine, right?


     If you have time, please stop over to Darnell's blog, and maybe even become a follower.  She is hoping to do another challenge when she reaches 600 followers. Thanks for giving me a reason to use my "schtuff".  Have a wonderful beginning to your week.

16 comments:

Carol L said...

EEEK! This is so flippin' cute!! I just love this fun horse image, and especially all the horseshoes you added to the background! I don't even remember what giddyup is anymore!! Oh wait a minute - I did experience some giddyup yesterday as I watched the Bellmont horse race from my easy chair! LOL Have a great weekend!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I wasn't going to remind California Chrome that his Giddy up took a hike. I felt so bad.

Donna Hanley said...

Well this one is darling. That horse is precious and your background help to really being him out. I'm with Carol and you, my giddy up has gone somewhere just like California Chrome. Have a fun day.

JD/ Jill said...

Really like this great card...You should definitely use this stamp set more often. I knew Carol would like this one, and wait till Darnell sees it! I also plan to make a card or two for her challenge...because I sure have a lot of Never-before-used-stuff in my craftroom. (which I hope you get to see someday...when I get it cleaned up, of course! (did you get my hint?)

jimlynn said...

LOL!! I LOVE it! That image is a hoot and love the way you made him center stage and all the horseshoes. Very cute!!
Lynn

Darnell said...

Mary Anne, your horse dude surrounded by designer shoes is a riot! I think he's a horse dude because he has hair on his chin. Oh, wait a minute, so do I! Either way, I love it, especially the sediment! That's an expression I heard used a lot growing up in the Midwest and now I understand what it means! I'm pickled that you used so much NBUS and brought out things that have been in the corner at recess for ages!

Thank you so much for becoming a follower! I followed you some time ago, and enjoy your creations. Thank you, too, for the mahoosive shout out with your kind words and for linking up to the party! I really, really appreciate it!! Enjoy the rest of your day! Hugs, Darnell

Theresa's Studio said...

You are really horsing around with this card...love the image and the background. Thanks for the shout out about Darnell's blog.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is too cute, I need a nap right now, Just got Bob off and the dogs are barking already. Some how it's a never ending list of must do's. LOL

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Love that great sentiment!! LOL

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Hettie said...

Bwahahahahaa! Love it!
xx

Sue said...

What a wonderful card you made! I wonder why we do that, maybe it has to do with excess in my case anyway.........Love this sentiment and the horse and the horseshoes. Yep, definitely a card for a friend that listens to us complain.....nice

Hugs
Sue

Irish Cherokee said...

Gave me a chuckle and it resembles my giddy-up. Haven't been able to find it in some time. LOL.

scrappymo! said...

This is just so fabulous! Love this image...may just have to check out this set as I come from a "horsey" family and they will love it too!

Great card!

scrappymo! said...

Me again...what is the name of the manufacturer to try and get one of these stamps?
Thanks so much!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This horse is so funny!!! And the greeting so appropriate for me this week. I just love it!

Julie B said...

What a fun card, certainly made me smile this morning. :)