Friday, June 6, 2014

Happy Friday!

     Well here we are, back again.  The weeks are just zooming by!  It is once again time for Unity's Friends with Flair, and some great inspiration from other Unity stampers.

     This week, I have 2 more watercolor cards to share.  The first is from the April 2014 KOM.  I just love the floral panels that they have been including in the kits.


     I used kraft, ivory, and chocolate card stock, with my image stamped on watercolor paper with Memento ink.  This is very CAS and I tried to focus on the main flower.  A bit of washi tape was used as an accent.


     My second card is on white card stock with designer paper by Studio Calico. 
The stamps are from the July 2011 kit.   I created a border with my SU! scoring board.  I also used my Memory Box button dies, to create accents from the same paper.  There is a soft shadow that I stenciled around my main image with a Balzer 6x6 stencil, for some added dimension.


     My adorable grandson, Brian, turned 1 last Saturday, and I thought I would share a couple photos!  He was very serious as he explored his smash cake.  It was hard to tell if he enjoyed the sweet taste.  He was so good!  There was blue up his nose for a few days.

 
Have a great week!
 


19 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Two wonderful card. Stencil, scoring, water coloring you managed to get it all in there and they look beautiful. Oh what a darling darling boy. It's doesn't seem like a whole year has gone by.Her is gorgeous.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Two wonderful designs again. I love seeing what you come up with every week. The first one is beautiful and soft the second is just plain fun. The stenciling and buttons make the card. I hope your weekend is uneventful and fun.

Colleen said...

P.S. What great photos of Brian his cuteness factor increases everyday.

Gaylynn said...

Very nice watercolor cards. Such sweet pics too. :)

jimlynn said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love that first one. Such a pretty image and love your watercoloring and layout.
Brian is precious!!! How fun and cute.
Lynn

Carol L said...

You really put those Unity KOM stamps to great use each week, and I really enjoy seeing all of your creativity with them! The watercolored flower is gorgeous, and I love all the button accents on the cute 2nd card. As for Brian - I could just scoop up all of his sweetness and give him a big hug!! He's adorable, and so cute in his party hat :)

Anonymous said...

Love your cards. I really like how you watercolor. I am learning the techniques. I also love that you shared pictures of your grandson's birthday. So sweet! I have one turning 2 next month. They grow up too fast! Hugs~Patti

Crystal said...

Great cards! I really love how you colored the flowers on the first one! Adorable birthday photos too! I just love 1st birthday smash cakes, my youngest turns 1 in 3 weeks and I am really looking forward to watching him react to his smash cake! TFS

Julie Odil said...

OMG, don't tell me your grandson is a year old already?!? That CAN'T be! What adorable pics! And I love your watercolor cards!

Waving My Wand said...

Oh I love them both. The first is drop dead gorgeous and the next one is perfectly playful!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful cards -- your watercolouring is terrific! Great pics of the birthday boy, too -- that blue icing dye seems to last forever, doesn't it? :D

Dawn Fields said...

Beautiful cards! Your grandson is adorable! That's so cute about the blue icing!

Sue D said...

Lovely cards and cute photos.

Cynthia said...

Fabulous card, Mary Anne. Brian doesn't seem to sure about the cake... glad he had fun with it!

Becky said...

Beautiful cards Mary Anne, and your grandson is so cute.. Happy Birthday to him :)

JD/ Jill said...

Great cards...the second one is my favorite! The pics of your adorable grandson will certainly become treasured photographs for you. Like someone said above me, I can't believe he's a year old already...boy time sure does fly...

Scrapper Myra said...

Lovely cards MaryAnn. And I love your grandson. Adorable.

Beejay said...

Great,cards!! So fun to have grandchildren!

Miwa said...

Stunning cards, I especially love the first one! Happy Birthday to your cutie-pie grandson - looks like he really enjoyed the cake! :)