Friday, June 13, 2014

Friends with Flair

 
     TGIF!  It's been a long, dreary week, here in PA.  The sun has not even thought about making guest appearances.  Today, I would like to share a couple of cards made with the new June Unity Kit of the Month, called In Love with Love.  It has wonderful images and sentiments, and it could be yours, if you sign up to be a KOM member.  Please check out the wonderful creation linked for Friends with Flair

 
     Card one uses designer paper, water color paper, punched and embossed hearts, ric rak and gingham ribbon, and a button.  The coloring was done with Copic markers.  I just love these sweet little jars!


     Card two is a CAS design, with the image ruling the front of the card.  It was done with water colors, on water color paper.  The front of the card was embossed with a Swiss Dot EF, and strips of turquoise card stock were added as a simple accent.

     Thanks for visiting!  Enjoy a wonderful weekend!

20 comments:

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Those jars are so cute and your coloring is fantastic as always. Your second card is really designed well by adding those two side strips.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards!!!

2suns said...

When I saw the thumbnail I was in love. You light up my life is wonderful. Isn't June KOM awesome?!

Cynthia said...

Fun designs, Mary Anne. Love the country feel with the row of jars.

Ruby said...

Lovely cards Mary Anne.

Carol L said...

I love how you're visiting water-coloring on your cards! It's such a great look on the 2nd card, and I just love those canning jars on the first! It's putting me in a picnic mood :) Cute duo today!

Dawn Fields said...

Sweet cards!

Lucy E. said...

These are such pretty cards! I love the jars and the water coloring is awesome!

Linda said...

these are such pretty cards!

jimlynn said...

BOTH are so pretty but that first one steals my heart! Love all the bright colors on this and the pieces of ric rack! Too cute with those little hearts topping it all off. The second - Love your watercoloring on this!! SO pretty and a very cute image with the sentiment inside.
Lynn

Mandi said...

Wonderful cards Mary Anne :)

Life of a Caffeinated Mom said...

Both cards are terrific. The colors for your first card is one of my favorite color combinations. Thanks for sharing.

Donna Hanley said...

Two fun cards here. Jars of love, you can't get better than that. This card makes me feel like I want to start canning something, but first I have to learn how to. LOL. Your second card is sweet as can be. Love the water coloring. Hope you see the sun soon. None for us today.

Shona said...

Oh Darn! Now I want that KOM too! That card with the jars is fantastic!

StampTramps said...

Great cards and really nice stamp set! I can't believe you get all those stamps in one kit! Awesome!

Gaylynn said...

Awesome creations with the new kit and sweet embossing too. :)

Julie Odil said...

Great cards, Mary Anne! I really like that first one with the red and yellow. We've had nothing but rain here, too. Several neighbors across the street have their homes flooded. We're OK so far, but the lake keeps rising! There's rain in the forecast every day this week. Enough!

Miwa said...

OMG, both of your cards are beautiful! Hope the sun comes out soon! :) I'll try to send you some of our hot weather!

Crystal said...

Wonderful cards, I love your coloring on the light bulb one!

Rachel said...

both creations are stunning!!!! i just love this kit and love how you used it. i especially love your little jars :)
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com