Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Little Congrats!

 
     Here is a card created with the Unity, June KOM.  I created this for my DIL who is in the process of completeing her first year as a K-8 music teacher.  Not an easy task, by any means.  This also includes Christmas Pageants, and end of year productions.  Phew!  I thought she deserved a little special recognition.  The fact that she was able to find a job in her field was amazing in itself.

     I was not sure about this lady stamp, that was included in the kit, but once I got into water coloring,  I got excited.  The music score I added behind her, was from 7 Gypsies, and the congrats stamp  is from SU!.  The card and envie are part of a gift included from Unity, as are the flowers.  The background dp with it's glittered spots is from my stash of scraps. 

     I would like to enter this over at Pixie's Snippets Playground, since I used lots of thing that have been laying on my desktop.

    Happy Father's Day, to all the great dads out there.  Hope you have a restful day!

15 comments:

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty card, and I'm so happy for your DIL's success! You may be inspiring me to jump into the watercoloring again - I haven't done it in eons!
Happy Father's day to your other half - and I wish you a great day too!

scrappymo! said...

Very pretty card. I bet she will love it. I can just imagine how busy it is with all the pageants and productions!.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card.

jimlynn said...

I think your DIL deserves a lot of recognition too! What a great way to tell you so with this wonderful card. Love the water coloring on this and the music score in the background is perfect. Fantastic card!
lynn

Lynne said...

Beautiful card.
Lynne xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, love the colouring too...I have joined your blog and also have candy on mine...hope to see you there... aNNie
The Journey is the Start

Di said...

Well done to your DIL Mary Anne! Hard work paying off is always cause for celebration. LOVE the card you made, and that really is a beautiful image.

Hugs, Di xx

craftieodmae said...

Saw this on FB yesterday, absolutley gorgeous!

Debs Willis said...

What a lovely way to recognise your DIL's hard work, and great use of snippets!
Hugs
Debs

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty card. I'm sure your DIL will love it!

StampTramps said...

I would have been unsure about the lady stamp too, but you really made something extra out of it by adding the music! Creative!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Your water coloring is perfect and the lady look like she might just be playing a piano.

Becky said...

What a beautiful job on the water coloring. Your DIL will love this.

MaryH said...

Saw this lovely card over at the Playground, and zipped by for a closer look. Congratulations to your DIL for her success, and what a wonderful card to show your support. Loved your water coloring, so soft & pretty. Like the way you've curved the focal image over the dot dp, and such a pretty flower. TFS & Hugs

Unknown said...

Lovely card. The subtle coloring of the image is really lovely. I'm sure your DIL is going to love it!