Monday, February 13, 2012

Unity KOM Sketch Challenge


 This will be a first for me.  With this challenge you may use ANY of the Unity KOM stamps sets to create using the supplied sketch.  Here it is!  Check out all the great creations that have been entered so far in the KOM Sketch Challenge!


I opted to use the April 2011 KOM called Small Things Matter Most.
My base is Island Indigo from SU! layered with white, and designer paper from Basic Grey's Lime Ricky.
I stamped my glasses with Island Indigo and Lucky Limeade inks, and sponged my sentiment base with Calypso Coral.

The glasses were fussy cut and popped up with foam.  I applied 3D Crystal Lacquer to the lenses and sprinkled them with very fine glitter.


Many of my friends have been having blogger issues.  This morning, when I went to delete a blog I follow from my sidebar, because they had removed it, I ended up deleting ALL of the blogs I follow.  I have gotten most of them back, but If you see yours has disappeared, you are not being deleted.

Had a fantastic trip to celebrate my DD's birthday!  It was short, but sweet.  We had a yummy lunch and celebrated with a cupcake dessert.  She received lots of crafty gifts, with a flower and fruit delivery as an added surprise.  Thank you God for the better then expected weather and the safe trip!


12 comments:

craftieodmae said...

glad the waether didn't interfer with yall getting there, those cupcakes look so yummy! Dee is so pretty, your card is too!!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Your card is fabulous, Mary Anne! I didn't get that kit with the glasses and now I'm regretting it!

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a fun card, loving the glasses and how you have the sparkle. How fun for your DD's birthday, loving the cupcakes.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Great card I just love the way you made those glasses match the dp. What a lovely picture of Dee. I'm glad the weather held out.

The Other Patti Sue said...

So happy you got to spend some time with Dee! She looks so happy!LOVE your card... so full of sunshine!

Carol L said...

Great card, I just love those sparkly sunglasses! Dee looks so happy, but then why shouldn't she? Just look at all those yummy cupcakes! *drool*

Janice M said...

What a fun card! Makes me think of summer.Glad the weather held out for you to spend time with Dee. This winter has been so mild makes me wonder what summer will bring?!

Payne Holler Cards said...

adorable little glasses! and lovin that pic of Dee and wishin i could reach in an grab a cupcake (-:

Lisa Arana said...

Anne, this is a super fun use of the sketch. I love it. Going to feature it on the Unity FB page today. Thanks for playing in the KOM sketch challenge.

Lisa Arana said...

Oh gosh, somehow my comment lost part of you name. Sorry Mary Anne.

Melanie said...

Love the sparkle on those glasses and I LOVE spelling out messages like that on cupcakes! :) happy birthday to Dee!
Sorry you are having blog problems, too!

Laura Tee said...

Great fun card! Love what you did with the glasses.
And those cupcakes look yummy! :)