Monday, February 20, 2012

Baby Cards

Happy Monday morning, friends!  I have had a couple of baby cards I created, that have just been lying here, waiting to be photographed.  I used digital images from A Day For Daisies.  They are some of the sweetest images ever!


My first card uses an image called Babies Smile.  I used white card stock and designer paper from Prima, called The First Blush.  I cut out my image that was colored with Copic Markers, using the Spellbinders Peony Dies, and then backed it with a larger layer of Pumpkin Spice Pure Luxury cs.  My sentiment was a clear stamp from an unknown set.  The embellishments were a piece of paper doily, button, and embroidery floss.


Card two, is made with an image called Sleeping Flower.  I started with a ivory, A2 blank, a layer of Bazzill cs, and then designer paper from K&Co's Sweet Nectar collection.  Again, my image was colored with Copics.  Sponging was done with VersaMagic ink.  Spellbinders used are Labels Twenty-Two, and Parisian Motifs.  I added a tag from My Minds Eye, some Stickles, a dotted swiss ribbon in lime, and a tiny puffed heart from K&Co's Smitten collection.


I understand that some of my friends were slammed by the snow that ended up staying south of us. Sorry :( , I worried quietly about this storm all of last week, knowing I had to attend my DIL-To-Be's surprise shower in South Jersey, on Sunday.   It ended up a beautiful day!  I hope to post some photos soon.

10 comments:

Betty Benton said...

These are definitely darling images -- especiallly love the one with mother and child! Glad you had good weather for your DIL's shower. We are celebrating the return of the sun!

artfuldelight said...

Awe, super sweet!! Love the die cut on the second card. :-)

Becky said...

These are adorable images, beautiful colors. Love the mother and child..

The Other Patti Sue said...

Can't wait to see the pics of the shower! Your cards are adorable... especially love the 2nd. So bright and cheerful!

Holly Young said...

These are both such adorable cards Mary Ann. I love the second one with the dotted ribbon and the image is so cute! You picked some wonderful papers to use on these!

craftieodmae said...

both are gorgeous, but I love the second one more.....glad you didn't get any of this white stuff, we got 6 inches.......but it's ok, I'm off today and tomorrow LOL

Patti J said...

Oh my, worrying quietly is never any fun! You should have e-mailed! Glad it turned out to be a nice day for your surprise shower. Whew.... I was watching the weather and hoping that line didn't come all the way down to STL! Love your cards, Mary Anne! You do such a nice job with those beautiful dies :) Enjoy your day, dear friend!

Carol L said...

Your cards are just sweet with those images! The sponged panel and die cut is gorgeous on the 2nd! Enjoy the warm February weather this week!

redwasher1 said...

Wow, both card are gorgeous!!!!!! Love the images!!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
How adorable! You are really getting some nice new dies GF. I like both of these but the second is my favorite so cute the way you put the ribbon through the die.