Sunday, February 26, 2012

Assignment Birthday Card

This months Rose Challenge is brought to us by Kez.  We have all had such busy lives lately, and she thought we could use an extra birthday card for our stash.  I decided to create one for my BIL.  Manly cards can really challenge me, so I went for it.


My base layer is Pure Luxury card stock color called Little Boy Blue, from Gina K. Designs.  The designer papers are Basic Grey , Granola, in two patterns.  I added two rows of stitched ribbon, also from Gina K.

My image is a digi from Beccy's Place, called Nell's Cottage.  I colored it with Copic Markers, cut it out with a Spellbinders Nestabitities die called Labels Nine, and sponged the edges with Distress Ink.  The "brother" sentiment is from Clear Dollar Stamps.  For embellishments, I added a brown bear, and pine tree.  They are both flatback buttons.  There is a twine bow behind the tree, to add a rustic look.

Please be sure to visit the other Roses in our bouquet, to see what they have created this month.  Links to their blogs can be found on my sidebar.  I always appreciate when you stop by, and I treasure each comment that is left.

13 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is beautiful....such a great guy card!

craftieodmae said...

well you ced this one girl!!!! he will love it! It's so manly!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I think Olga forgot the A in Aced this one LOL! This is awesome... manly yes but I like it too!

Betty Benton said...

Aced it -- yes you did! Love the little cottage and the outhouse! We put a small storage building out in our yard to store Christmas decorations and other stuff and we painted a crescent moon on the door with a $3 (that's 3 pesos, not dollars -- that is what you have to pay to use a public restroom here! and the price even includes a little bit of paper that you receive from the attendent at the door!!! lol

Carol L said...

You definitely nailed this masculine challenge! What an amazing card! NJ!

Patti P. said...

I would say you went for it big time....loving the image and the tree and bear, fab!!!
He has to think this is the best! Beautiful coloring.

Payne Holler Cards said...

kid-oh! you made one GREAT man card! love your coloring on this...and perfect embellishments (you know I would love to dig around in your stash LOL)

Becky said...

wow..What an awesome card, love the design.

A Consuming Passion said...

What a fabulous image Mary Anne! So useful too for those hard to create male cards!
Wonderful job with Kerrie's challenge this month!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I love, love this one! Your coloring is amazing and this image is to die for! I love your embellishments.

JD/ Jill said...

This is such a great image, and you have done such a beautiful job with it!

Kerrie said...

OMG... this is amazing, your have really rocked this challenge... thankyou!

Sue said...

Hi Mary Ann, love this image and your coloring is awesome. I think we all struggle with guy cards, no lace and pearls you know!!! He's going to love it.

Hugs
Sue