Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hoppin By......


     Just wanted to stop by and wish all of you Leap Day babies, a happy day!  This little froggie has to be one of the very first stamps I bought.  We will not talk about how many years ago that was.  He is from Alias, Smith, and Rowe Stamp Co, Las Vegas.  I used all scraps from my bin on a white card base.  I even drug out my tub of letter stamps for the sentiments.  Gosh, I had to blow off the dust!  My embellishments are olive pearls, bakers twine, and butterfly punches from MS.  Coloring was done with Copic Markers.  Oh, I can't forget the K&Co sticky paper lace I added.

     That is it for me this afternoon.  I should be working on wedding chores, but it is pouring rain by the buckets, and I can't get motivated.  I was thinking that making a pot of PA Dutch Potato Soup would be more productive.  Yum!  Now mind you, I am not complaining about the rain, as it is snowing not too far north of me.  Enjoy!

     BTW, do you watch American Idol?  Who do you like so far?

10 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

cute cute cute! and so glad to you got to use scraps (-:
potatoe soup gets my vote - on my way LOL

havent watched Idol yet, got stuck on the Voice with Blake S ...will pop over there soon though...although i loved Scotty from last year!

craftieodmae said...

what time is supper???? That sounds great! Rain has stopped here for now but foggy!! Love the card he's adorable!!!!

Betty Benton said...

Put my name in the pot for supper too! Cute card -- rainy days are good for playing (in the craft room, that is!)

Carol L said...

I put my pot of chicken soup on today too! It was just a good soup day! I love the leap day card with that cute froggy! Adorable!
Yes, I watch Idol, and I was floored the first time I saw Phil perform! I thought he was a clone of Dave Matthews, and last night Randy said the same thing! I like Reed too, and after seeing Deandre last night, WOW!!! I'm a fan of all 3 of them! Who do YOU like?

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I do like Phil Phillips! Would it not be amazing to see him do a duet with Dave? Squeallllll!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Soup go for the soup!!!! This is so cute with that leaping little frog. Then that paper and butterflies perfect.

Becky said...

What a happy card! Cute frog and great dp.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Holy flippn frog goodness! This is adorable!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Very cute frog, love how you colored it. Great to use up all those things we forgot we had. LOL I knew I had a small set of words that are meant to be encouragement for kids I looked and looked couldn't find them. I've been cleaning and I found them. LOL

JD/ Jill said...

This is adorable!