Friday, July 13, 2018

TMS #461

     Happy Friday!  It seems it takes until Friday to get a card completed for the Tuesday Morning Sketches site.  It is Friday the 13th, besides!  Ugh!  So far it has been a nice calm day of crafting, and I am enjoying myself.


     My card starts with Night of Navy card base, with the next layer being from Bo Bunny's Early Bird Collection.  I used a Crafter's Companion, Parquet embossing folder for my small rectangle of navy.  The oval  was cut with a MFT Inside-Out Stitched Oval, and stamped with a sentiment from the Technique Tuesday set called Love You to Pieces.  My puzzle pieces are a corner stamp that is unmounted and I have had it for years.  I heat embossed it in black and colored with Copic markers, then fussy cut the pieces and heat embossed again with UTEE to give them a thick feel.  I have not used  my Ultra Thick Embossing Powder in ages, and it can make such fun embellishments.  My only other additions was some navy twine from American Crafts.


     Well, that is it for me today!  Hope whatever you have planned for this weekend, is fun!  I appreciate your visit, and hope to see you again soon.

3 comments:

Carol L said...

I really like this one with that great background paper and puzzle pieces! The colors are wonderful and so is your take on the sketch! So glad you shared this with the Tuesday Morning Sketches and hope to have you join us again next week too! Stay cool, the really hot stuff is coming this weekend, so we just finished up our running around before it arrives!

Wendy said...

This is a really cool card, Mary Anne! I love how you did the puzzle pieces and the embossed panel under the sentiment! You nailed this week's TMS! I have yet to try but the day is far from over and the plan is to make a card this afternoon! Thanks for sharing your inspiration! Love it! Stay cool, my friend! :)

Melissa Craig said...

Wow! This is very cool! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.