Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Bamboo

   
     This week we are living in a tropical rain forest.  It is quite interesting, and makes for a fun game.  You can walk to the mailbox in the sun and come back in the house soaking wet.  The angels up above are playing with the faucets... on and off, on and off. 

     Anyway, I have a card for Pixie's Snippets Playground, that I made this week for a friend going through a rough time.  This challenge is #331.  At the playground, you must use snippets on your project.

     I found a piece of yellow Bazzill card stock, which I had abandoned from another project.  Yep, I even went square for a change.  The pretty piece of designer paper was in the load of scraps that my daughter made me take when she packed her craft room to move.  Those scraps have been inspiring me, believe it or not.  I thought this piece looked like the tops of parasols.  I found a small strip of the speckled olive card, which I cut in half to make the 2 borders.  My bamboo image is from TLC Creations and had the sentiment attached.  My Panda and butterflies are Unity stamps.  The square was cut with a stitched square die from Gina Marie.  A touch of Stickles, a satin bow & a few epoxy dots are my embellishments.  The bamboo leaves are done in Glossy Accents.

     Phew... Sorry to be so windy!  Have a happy day, and thanks for visiting me. 

5 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I had to smile at your description of the week....and what a cute card you've created! Love that sweet panda and the sentiment as well!

jimlynn said...

Y'all are in the rain forest this week and I swear you're going to float away! We're sitting down here baking to well done and going to blow away with it being so dry. No rhyme or reason to this crazy weather.
Love your card Mary Anne! That sentiment is so pretty and I just want to hug the panda!
Lynn

Carol L said...

I have to chuckle at how one person sees one thing and another person sees something completely different! You saw parasols and I saw summer fruit! LOL It works perfectly with this cute little panda, and I hope your friend has better days ahead soon.

Wendy said...

Isn't it amazing the cards we can create from scraps! This one is amazing, Mary Anne! So love that adorable panda and the bamboo! Such wonderful colors on this card and that patterned paper reminds me of summer fruit, too!! Really terrific card for your friend....I hope it will cheer her up! And your description of walking to the mailbox is spot on! This tropical weather is nuts for us PA folk! Hoping the faucet soon runs dry because there are lots of roads here in my area that are closed due to flooding! Even our bike trail got washed out yesterday. *sigh*

Di said...

What a sweet card Mary Anne! Such a darling panda and beautifully made using plenty of snippets!

Hugs

Di xx