Sunday, July 15, 2018

Feed Me! #362


     I don't know about you, but one of my favorite things is when all the Summer fresh veggies come into the farm stands.  That is usually our Saturday morning ride!  My very favorite are juicy tomatoes.  That is what drew me to this great stamp set, when I bought it back in the day.  This card has been sitting in my post later folder for ages.  This challenge at Shopping Our Stash, made me drag it out and give it a final smile before posting.

     The stamp set is from the now closed store of Flourishes, and is called Italian Garden.  I started with a white card base, My next layer was embossed with an SU! embossing folder and then had it's corners rounded.  I used a Crafter's Companion corner die to create a lacy pattern.  Next, I cut 3 stitched circles in graduated sizes.  The dies were from Gina Marie.  After distressing the edges with ink, I used the 2 smaller ones for my sentiments.  The center was used to create my yummy tomatoes, which were colored with Copic markers.  I added a few foil butterflies and sequins for details.

     I would also like to enter this over at Pixie Snippets Playground, where Di is the perfect hostess.  This challenge requires you to use snippets and I did that for my background and circles.  That also includes that strip of veggie paper, which I never mentioned!

     Now that I made myself hungry, I do believe I go make myself a cheese and tomato omelet!  That is what I call eating well.  It is getting ready to storm here, and I must get ready for work.  Have a great finish to your weekend. and thanks for the visit!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Ohhhh this is so pretty, Mary Anne! Love the papers and the design! Tomatoes are starting to come into season around here.....can't wait for a yummy BLT and fresh local corn on the cob! Oh the joys of summer! And let me remind you.....food and temps in the 70's are my only "JOYS OF SUMMER"! Haha! I hate the heat & humidity! It's cloudy & windy here so I am hoping the rain is coming here too as our grass is almost brown. I think we need to do the rain dance! Haha! TFS and have a great day! :)

Dora said...

Beautiful card. Beautiful using of colours.

Carol L said...

You've done a beautiful job with that tomato image and how you colored it! Love the circles and especially the veggie papers! I too cannot wait for the fresh tomatoes, corn, and cukes with salad greens that are now coming in season! It will soon be time to start making pickles and freezing corn! YUM!

Chana Malkah said...

You made me hungry as well, so after look at your fabulous card, I made a tomato, lettuce and onion sandwich. I don't eat pork so a BLT was out! Thanks for helping me with my diet! :D)

I love how you have integrated so many elements and still created a cohesive project. The colors and pattern paper certainly speak of summer and hazy days in the backyard. Thanks for sharing this lovely project with us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugz,
Chana

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Di said...

Hi Mary Anne! What a lovely surprise to see you in the Playground after being away for a while! And many thanks for your kind words too.

I love your card - and using the veggie patterned paper really pulls it all together with your gorgeous image.

Hope to see you again soon!

Hugs

Di xx