Thursday, February 8, 2018

Non Traditional Colors

   
     Today I have a Valentine of a different sort.  I tried to mix up my colors a wee bit.  My card started with a white base and a layer of aqua paisley dp, from my scrap bin.  I added a row of floral lace ribbon, and a paper heart doily, to anchor my image.  The large sentiment is from the Unity KOM, from December 2013.  It is called Happy Love Day.  It was stamped in a teal ink and accents of Copic colors were added.  For some interest I added a row of pink micro gems, and a smattering of green sequins nd larger pink gems.

     I would like to send this one over to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is It Must Be Love.

     It is nice to see the sun shine, although I know it is frigid outside.  Hope anyone who ventures into Philly for the E_A_G_L_E_S parade, has a fun and safe time.  Have a great day!

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

Love the white doily behind that pretty sentiment. The paisley looks fantastic too. A bit different and so lovely.
Wouldn't you just love to go to that parade today!!
Lynn

Carol L said...

I really like the mix of colors and especially the paper heart-shaped doily! I was going to share mine with you, but I see you already have some of your own :)

Wendy said...

I love everything you create, Mary Anne! This one is gorgeous in these colors and that paper doily just makes it all come together! And you know I love the pops of sparkle! Another great card! I watched the parade on tv yesterday. Our local news WGAL News 8 was there and it just looked like fun! And WOW, there were SO many people that came out for it! So happy for Philly! They deserve the lime light after all these years! Stay warm and have a great day! :)

Janice M said...

What a fun Valentine! Love the non traditional colors and that doily is the perfect accent.