Sunday, January 24, 2010

Color Throwdown #76 and Tami's Hop

One of the newest releases over at StampTV is a sweet set by illustrator, Tami Mayberry. It is called Happy Hearts. They are having a special Blog Hop with a place to add your creations with a Mr. Linky. Since I was able to purchase this set I sure wanted to make sure I created something for the hop!

The next problem was to come up with some cool colors to make it in. After searching many blogs, I found a challenge called Color Throwdown. This week, it is #76 and the colors that needed to be used for their challenge are Old Olive, Melon Mambo, and So Saffron. For once, I had all the colors needed! I am new to this site and saw some amazing work there!

My background is Melon Mambo card stock that was embossed with a Sizzix folder. I then stamped all of the smaller patterned hearts that come in the set with assorted colors. The middle heart was popped for dimension. The set comes with an assortment of words that can be combined to make different phrases. I used 2 lengths of paper ribbon that has been sponged in Old Olive to accent my row of hearts. I used 2 tiny puffed hearts to flank my sentiment oval.

Thanks for checking out my work!

11 comments:

dj said...

love that embossing folder--thanks for playing along with the CTD challenge!!

Betty Benton said...

Love the colors you used on this fantastic card!

Colleen said...

GF you are really rocking these! :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super cute! Love your popped heart!

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very pretty! LOVE the punched borders! Glad you found us at the Throwdown, and hope to see you again!

redwasher1 said...

Oh my! How clever is this!! I love it!!

joy said...

What pretty heart "lace". The colors are so pretty the way you have teamed them!

craftieodmae said...

This is gorgeous! I love the heart border that looks like lace and all those gorgeous hearts!!! The emobbed back ground. Just beautiful!

Jennie said...

Love this Mary Anne! I just heart this set and need it :o)) Lovely design!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

So pretty! I love the heart border that you have created and popped the Love heart to showcase and match up to the sentiment.