Sunday, January 10, 2010

Close In Heart

I created this card to enter into 2 different challenges. The first is Selma's, Blast from the Past challenge over at Stamp TV. This one was a revisiting of using embossing on your card plus the addition of heart/ hearts somewhere on it. The second challenge, is the Flourishes Feel The Love challenge, which was to make the card of your choice as long as it is love themed.

My base card is ivory and has 2 stitched panels of dp that I added from the Cloisonne collection by g.c.d. Studios. I used a contrasting pattern across the bottom. My sentiment is from Rupa Shevde's Warm and Wonderful set, and was stamped with olive chalk ink and cut out with a Labels Four, Nestabilities. The edges were barely touched with a raspberry colored pencil and softened with OMS. The hearts are Spellbinders Shapeabilities and the embossed areas were accented with a Sakura stardust pen. My main image is from Gina K.'s Signs of Autumn stamp set. It was embossed with Ranger's fine detail gold embossing and then colored with Copic markers. I used 0, Y23, YG91, YG93, RV17, RV19, RV32. Other than my stitching, my only other accent, is a tiny bow that I tied through the holes in my heart.

5 comments:

craftieodmae said...

It's gorgeous!!! I love the paper you used and really love the sentiment! And look, you stiched on it, you go girl!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Mary Anne your card is beautiful! You've put a lot of work into making it just that - I love the look of the Signs of Autumn Flower with the gold and coloured in the pretty pinks and green......stitching is great and your dp so perfect. What a great sentiment.......hope this beauty wins!!

Cat Tidwell said...

This is gorgeous Mary Anne! Love the colors and the coloring!!

dee marie said...

Hi mom! This is such a gorgeous color combination and I love your sketch! Those flowers look so pretty in pink!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wow Mary Anne..... this is sooooooo pretty! I love your layout,dp, sentiment... guess I love your card!