Sunday, January 17, 2010

Blast From the Past at STV

Nestabilities have become such a staple in card making. Our blast from the past this week, brought to us by the creative Selma Stevenson, is to double up on our Nesties. I used my round, scalloped round, and fancy tags on this card. My stamps are from the newest set designed by Rupa Shevde for Gina K. Designs. It is called Sung From The Heart.

I colored this sweet umbrella using Copics # C1, C3, B21, and YG93. My sponging was done with ice blue chalk ink. My hearts were punched with a new EK Success punch I recently acquired. I used pewter half pearls for accents. After reviewing the challenge rules, I realized that I missed a very important second step she had added. I will leave this post stand, as I do love the card, but will have to do a redo for the challenge. Grrrrrr! Okay, I am adding a small photo of the update I did. Seems the image was suppose to do an overhang on the top Nestie. All better! My dp is from K&Co and the grey card stock is from my scrap stash. Let me know what you think! I really liked the first card so much better. Oh well, thanks for looking anyway.

3 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

love how you did this one! that dp and your coloring are perfect (have this set on my wish list) and the hearts really pop! all your details are wonderful!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely beautiful! Looooove the dp!

craftieodmae said...

this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Still gotta do this challenge for sure....Have a great day, is it raining up there? It's pouring here, maybe we'll get rid of some snow LOL