Thursday, August 20, 2015

Had To Try One!

 
     There have been so many versions of cards with little Minions, that I just had to try and create one for myself.  The biggest thing is to get the shape right, and I found that Spellbinders Labels Nine contained that perfect bean shape.

     The clothing is a whole other thing.  I found printable Minion gear on Pinterest!  All I had to do was figure out the right scale and print!  My sentiment is also printed and is from TLC Creations.  The stitched clouds are a die from Lil Inkers.  I used a negative scrap for my circle opening.  Also I sponged a nice blue sky for a background, also on a scrap. Some Glossy Accents on the goggles, and a strip of Washi on the bottom, and I am calling this card done.

     I do believe I shall post this over on Pixie's Snippets Playground # 190, since I used up bits from my desktop!  Thanks for the visit!

11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

hee hee - he is so cute!

Donna Hanley said...

Great job with the Minion and your sky work is so life like. Darling card. Enjoy the day.

Liz said...

Cute card! I love how you've got him popping out of the aperture. :-). xx

Di said...

Brilliant! I've been dithering over making a Minions card here as well - yours is just great. Ha! LOVE the sentiment too :)

You wondered if a previous comment of yours had gone missing over in the Playground, I think it might be that you actually commented on the Less is More card with just the two jigsaw pieces on? And what a lovely comment too - I did respond that I just sat with a load of leftover jigsaw pieces playing around with them and jotting down ideas - and then the LIM challenge popped up, a good chance to try one idea out :)

Hugs

Di xx

Carol L said...

I love your adorable minion and love how you created him! Every time I see a minion, I think of that tv ad where they're all taking turns trying to hang from a noose, but with having no chin, their necks just slide right through, and they fall to the floor giggling themselves silly! What fun they are, and what fun this card is too :)

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
very cute, though I don't understand the attraction to these guys they are everywhere lol

jimlynn said...

LOL!!! Too cute. Love this little guy and the sentiment makes me smile. Precious!
Lynn

Sarn said...

Hee hee . . . cute Minions card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

Congratulations on being picked by Di this week Mary Anne. This really is a cute Minion card. Very clever. Barbxx

JD/ Jill said...

adorable! Nice job with this!

MaryH said...

Congrats on being highlighted at the Playground. (I'm still discovering just what IS a Minion! I see them everywhere all of a sudden). Loved reading all the how-to of the creative process, and you surely developed a winner. The sky background, clouds made a perfect backdrop for this cute little creature, and his clothing is just darling. Love the texture on the head, and that droopy mouth. Very clever..good job. TFS & Hugs