Friday, February 8, 2013

Might As Well Stamp!

     The Nor-Easter is knocking on the door, no reason to go anywhere, so I might as well keep stamping.  For our friends to the north, please be safe.


     My first card is for Joan's Gardens Challenge Week #5.  Here are the details for this weeks challenge.

Use blue, green, and white.  Check!
Use an oval.  Check, it's a SB!
Use a printed flower.  Mine has polka dots in blue from Prima!
Use a stamped sentiment.  Mine is from Clear Dollar Stamps

     I also used my new Memory Box Resting Bird dies, with an Amuse Bare Branch with Leaves stamp.  One of my newest addictions is the Bo Bunny Double Dots paper. Eek, they make the cutest cards!  There are felt leaves and a pearl head brad as embellishments.


     My second photo is of cards that I made for the Mid Week Throwdown over on the Stars and Stamps Blog.  This week they are requesting cards that our troops can send home to their children.  I used colored images from Dearie Dolls, that I sent into my print program so I could add sentiments.  My papers are also Bo Bunny Double Dots.  For embellishments I used bakers twine, buttons, and a little Glossy Accents.

      Thanks for stopping bye, and I will be back a bit later with my Friends with Flair stampings for this week!

15 comments:

Patti P. said...

Morning Mary Anne, hope you are warm and safe and stay that way. Sounds like a bad one coming your way. I love all of these and I am a big fan of polka dots so I love your papers. the birds on the branch are adorable. The cards for the kids couldn't be cuter, what a fun image.
Will be checking on you, hugs.....

craftieodmae said...

love all of these, yall stay in and stay safe, good time to stamp and create. Sounds like yall gonna get hit bad!!!!

Carol L said...

How cute are those tiny birds! Love that card! I love the Dearie Dolls cards too - they're absolutely adorable and will surely delight the children who receive them! Stay warm......so far the snow is holding off, but later this evening we're gonna git it :)

Pssequimages said...

Absolutley love the design you created for the Joan's Garden Challenge. Those little birds are absolutely PRECIOUS! Wonderful cards.

Donna Hanley said...

What a super nice card with those darling little birds and your papers, flowers and leaves. I also love the children's cards and so with the recipients. They are no nice and cheery. Stay safe. We are bracing for 26-32 inches now. I've stocked up on everything I need, so my "babies" and I will snuggle next to the fire when the power goes out. Hubby is off working the storm as usual.

Renee said...

Darling cards any child would love to receive! Great Job!

Janice M said...

Oh i love those little bird dies! Very nice!!

Betty Benton said...

Love the little birds on the branch; and the colorful kids -- happy cards!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Oh I'm envious ...so glad you're getting to "play". ...your bird card is beautiful....and I'm in love with those kid cards....toooooo cute!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
These are adorable, I love those bird dies and that yummy dp. The kids cards are so cute and colorful they will really brighten up the day for the sender and receiver.

Unknown said...

All I can say is I LOVE LOVE LOVE these cards!

Ginny B said...

Love your cards, Mary Anne. Love the little birdies. :o)

Stay safe in the storm!

Unknown said...

Omygoodness...I LOVE that first card! The birdies are awesome.

Donna Nuce said...

The children with baloons are precious! I am sure they will be a hit with any kid! Have a great day!

Selma said...

Your blue and green card is beautiful Mary Anne. I love the little birds. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.