Thursday, August 2, 2012

This Weeks Challenge at Joan's Gardens


     Morning everyone!  I am fortunate to be home from work today, and got a quick jump on the challenge over at Joan's Gardens.

Here are all the details:
Use red and black
Use and embossing folder
Use a flower as your focal image
Have either a stamped or die cut border at the bottom.

     The card stocks are Pure Luxury from Gina K. Designs.  I recently  got a pad of Authentique Carefree paper, so I was anxious to try it out.  For an embossing folder, I used the Moroccan embossing folder by Cuttlebug.  The stamps used are from Heartfelt Creations:  HCPC 3403 Shabby Chic Lace Precut Set, HCPC 3318 Daisy Patch Flowers PreCut Set.  There are also diecuts behind my flower, and they are the Mini Flourish from Cheery Lynn.  There is a single ivory pearl in the center of my flower.

     Wow, that was fun!  I may be back with another card, since I have the whole day to play!  Have a super Thursday

9 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Gorgeous Mary Anne!!! I just love black and red together. Great job!
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Sue said...

Stunning card, Mary Anne. We must be on the same channel, I just got that paper stack and the lace stamp, sitting here waiting for me to use them....thanks for the inspiration!!

Hugs
Sue

Carol L said...

WOW! This is one gorgeous card!! I love the background paper and how those flourishes perfectly showcase that pretty flower! Nice!!

Holly Young said...

Mary Anne this is such a striking card! I love your color combination and the texture you gave the paper. Enjoy your day off!

craftieodmae said...

eye popping gorgeous, hope to have time to play tomorrow

Betty Benton said...

Love that embossed patterned paper and your flower and leaves focal accent is beautiful!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love the spectacular sample of pure elegance... so awesome!

Patti P. said...

Love this, such a dramatic card. Love the paper and your flower couldn't be more beautiful. Good luck!!
hugs...

Theresa's Studio said...

Love this card...so dramatic....an eye popper!