Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Art Impressions Challenge #75 Any Sentiment

     Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!  I didn't think I was going to get my challenges started, but life finally cooperated and here we go......


     The Art Impressions Challenge #75, for this week, is to use a sentiment.  I have had this cling mounted sentiment from Art Impression for years (P2134), and I just love what it says.  I also wanted to try out a new Art Impressions rose stamp (J2528), I recently won in an auction.  For the rose, I paper pieced the flower, and colored the leaves with Copic Markers.  My card stock colors are Ivory, Sweet Corn, and Innocent Pink Pure Luxury.  I used a Sizzix EF (sorry I don't know the name), and double sided designer paper from my scrap bin.  I accented areas with a Sakura Stardust pen for sparkle. I did some sponging with SU! inks.

     My second card is a thank you I needed during the weekend, for my DH's boss's wife.  Hubby had done her a favor, and she showed up with a weighty Jewish Apple cake, for his trouble.  It was delicious!


     I have a diamond punch, and I found some inspiration from an old Take Ten magazine.  I just ran with it.  I punched out the black diamonds, and used the negative to sponge the back row of diamonds with So Saffron SU! ink.  I then staggered the black diamonds and added letters from The K&amp,Co Letters to Go takeout box.  My papers are all scraps, and for embellishments, I used mini brads, Prima flowers, and black gems.

     That's it for now, and thanks for stopping by for a visit.  I really look forward to them!

9 comments:

Carol L said...

Great cards Mary Anne! I especially love the sentiment on the first, and it's so true!
The 2nd is genius with the sentiment over top of the diamonds! I love that look!

Betty Benton said...

Love these! Fantastic embossing on the first and terrific diamond shapes on the second -- love the tiled "thanks" also!

Patti J said...

What a great sentiment. Thought provoking, for sure! Beautiful card, Mary Anne! The diamond's on your second card are fabulous - great idea! It's fun to go back to older magazines and try some of those layouts again! Thanks for sharing :)

craftieodmae said...

both are fantastic but my pick of the day is Number ONE!!! I love the sentiment and your layout!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Love them both, that sentiment is wonderful and so true. The layout on the second is so playful I'll have to remember that one it's a great one.

Renee Matarese said...

Just beautiful! I love the embossed background and the pretty colors. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions this week. Hope to see you again soon.
Renee

Becky said...

Both of these are beautiful, but I love how you did that second card with Thanks. awesome..

Sue said...

Two really nice cards, both beautiful. I have that saying also, and I love it.
The diamonds and your color choices are wonderful. I had to laugh though, a thank you card for a thank you gift!!!! Sounds like something I would do too!! Laughing with you, Mary Anne, not at you!!!!

Hugs
Sue

CraftieConnie said...

Love them both Mary Anne, the thank you card is a real eye catcher with the letters individually added