Sunday, August 26, 2012

August Rose Challenge....Inspirational Photo


     Glorious Sunday morning, stampers!  It is time for another Rose Challenge.  This month, Sue Rose is taking a turn being hostess of our challenge. (Thank you, Sue!) She has come up with this wonderful, abstract piece for us to gaze upon and be inspired by.


     My card is a combo of card stock layers from Pure Luxury.  When I looked at the photo, I saw Poppies, gorgeous red and salmon Poppies!  The set I decided to use is from Nina Brackett for Gina K. Designs, called Hugs and Prayers.  That took care of the Poppy part, but I also used another Gina K. set, called Lean On Me for my sentiments and leaf border.  Inks used are Versafine and Memento.  The border was created with the Fiskars Threading Water border punch, and red pearls.  I kept it on the simple side.  I am unsure of how many of the Rose's will be joining us this month, but their blogs can be found on my sidebar.  ~~~~~>

      Yesterday, I had the great pleasure to be invited to an Operation Write Home, card making party.  I was such a blast, and I got to meet some amazing new stamping friends.  Everyone had made up card kits in advance, and we got to choose what we wanted to put together.  The table was heaped by the end of the session!  I really learned so much, and I hope to be able to put together boxes of my own to send off to OWH.  I look forward to having a card count, and photos to share with you very soon.


13 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

This is so very beautiful! Fav set from gkd
Looking forward to seeing pics from OWH (-:

StampTramps said...

Mary Anne - Thank you so much for coming to the First Annual Lehigh Valley Cardaholics Card Making Party! We were SO happy you all came! The final total was 755 - yup - 755, and that's not counting the 14 Any Hero cards. It was a really great day and we hope to recover and do it again....
Your card today is gorgeous and so is the piece you used for inspiration. You're so diligent at listing the companies for everything you used, I like that. Thanks again for all your hard work yesterday.

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Mary Anne! Thanks for sharing :) Am excited to see your OWH photos! I'm working on a box of cards for them too. And I think there is a box on the way from OWH to my son-in-law. What a wonderful cause! You rock my friend - thank you!!!

craftieodmae said...

yoiur card is absolutely gorgeous!!! Sue saw Poppies to, I just saw flowers LOL!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Big Grin!

Patti P. said...

Mary Anne, I see poppies as well, but then I love those flowers. Your card is so elegant....just beautiful.
So glad you had a great day yesterday and for such a great cause.
hugs...

Kathy and Lucky said...

Sounds like a great party!!! Your card is so pretty with the poppies and the layout you used.

Betty Benton said...

Gorgeous card, Mary Anne! You totally rocked this challenge -- unlike myself!! How you come up with such fabulous ideas from inspiration photos I'll never understand -- I'll just be amazed!!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
What a great card for the inspiration picture. OWH was lucky to have you sounds like you had a wonderful time as well.

CraftieConnie said...

wohoooo Mary Anne! a beautiful card indeed! I think I am color blind, I only saw oranges and greens lol.
Great work my Lovely Rose!

Carol L said...

Nice job on the challenge with those pretty flowers! I look forward to getting together for another OWH party one day soon too! It was so much fun wasn't it!?

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Mary Anne........No card police heading your way :)
I think you got the colours spot on and those poppies are amazing!
Sounds like you had a very crafty day at the OWH party what a great way to make new friends!

Sue said...

Love the poppies and the colors you chose for your card. Great design too. I love poppies, and that is what I saw too.......funny!

Hugs
Sue