Thursday, August 2, 2012

Second Post of the Day.....

     Phew, I almost didn't make it back like I promised!  This will be my Art Impressions post for their new Challenge #74, Fabric or Stitching.


     I Used my white card for the base and embossed using the Argyle embossing folder.  I layered, pierced and faux stitched a piece of textured Melon Mambo from SU!.  My stamp is from Art Impressions and is # P2025.  I stamped in Versafine ink and clear embossed before coloring my balloons with Copic marker. The balloons were coated with Crystal Lacquer.  My image was cut out using Spellbinders Labels Ten die, which is sponged with Melon Mambo ink, and edged while still in the die with a Zig marker.  The fabric is from a piece I got in a Fat Quarter.  I cut a strip off, and frayed the edges before tying it into a bow.  Black pearls were added to the corners of my image.

     That's it for me tonight.  I am so glad I got my AI card finished early this week!  Have a great evening!

4 comments:

Carol L said...

Whoa, I love that polka dot fabric bow! Very colorful and bright - perfect for a celebration!

Sue said...

Mary Anne, two post in one day!!! Love the balloons, and the bright colors you used on your card. The outline on the spellbinders is a great trick, thanks for sharing.

Hugs
Sue

Betty Benton said...

Love those happy colors and that fabric polka dotted bow is the best!!

craftieodmae said...

this is fantastic!!! 2 cards in one day, you go girl!