Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Post

Good morning!  Today I would like to share with you a card I made using an Itty Bitty I recently won.  It is from Unity, for Webster Pages, and it is called Relax, Renew, Restore.  Since today is Friday, it is time for the Friends with Flair hop, over on the Unity Blog.


I started with Bazzill card stock .  The green is a pearlized one and it is so pretty.  The green check dp is a scrap, but the purple is from Basic Grey's Indie Bloom.  I used Marvy Markers to ink my stamps, and stamped directly onto my designer paper.  I used a Fantastix applicator and rubbed some of the marker ink onto the leaves to make them more pronounced.  I punched a couple of MS butterflies out of the same dp, only attached the bodies and bent the wings upward.  Green gems were used for the bodies.

I really liked the washed out, watercolor effect that I achieved. Please be sure to visit the Unity Blog for the line up of talented designers who linked up today. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope that your holiday weekend is full of family, friends, and food, from beginning to end.

34 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

Kary said...

Mary Anne, this looks gorgeous! Love how you did the stamping and the butterflies are sweet.

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
What a beautiful image you won! Congrats on the win and this is a beautiful card as well. Love the stamping on dp.

NoraAnne said...

Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

LOVE this! I love purple first of all, and so cool how you stamped on pp!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Love this stamp! Beautiful card!

veronica said...

love your lilacs! just gorgeous!

Barb King said...

That is really lovely, the colors are great, and I love the subtle effect. Barb

Amy said...

Stunning! I love a good use of purple!

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is lovely! Beautiful colors!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

This is beautiful! Love the pretty lilacs!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing how you made it.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love the color combo!

Jessica Buffa said...

Gorgeous lilacs. Wonderful added touches on the leaves and great butterflies.
Happy to hop over from FWF!
:O)
Jessica

Eva said...

This is beautiful. Love the colors you used and the butterflies are so very pretty.

Linda said...

Gorgeous lilacs.... I LOVE that purples and the dp.

Betty Benton said...

Beautiful, my friend, just beautiful!

Holly Young said...

Beautiful card Mary Anne! I can smell the lilac!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Beautiful,love the water color look and with the paper, just so lovely. Have a wonderful weekend.

JPScraps said...

The card is stunning and it's in my favorite colors!!

Unknown said...

such a beautiful springtime card!

Carol L said...

Gorgeous colors, gorgeous stamping! Awesome!!
Happy Easter my friend :)

Julie Odil said...

So beautiful. I love all the work you did.

Glenda J said...

Great colours. Really pretty!

jennifer mitten said...

What a beautiful card! Love the colors, so springlike...

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is a jaw dropper! Simply beautiful! Have a Happy Easter my friend!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Lilacs are a fav! Love how they look like watercolored...beautiful!

Have a blessed Easter dear friend ....

Dr. Ivy said...

This is gorgeous. I also loved that washed out effect you achieved with your flowers.

Roslyn said...

This is so pretty! I love the purple and green!

Patti P. said...

Just gorgeous, I too love the watercolor effect and that color combo, so beautiful.

Gwen said...

Very pretty and great card for this time of year, the lilacs are about to bloom here!

Becky said...

This is so pretty..great colors.

Janice M said...

WOW! I LOVE what you have done with that stamp!!! Been trying to decide if I "need" that stamp for awhile now........just might have to do it!

Sue said...

Mary Ann, this is stunning! Love how you stamped the flowers on the DP and the green and purple tones are beautiful.

Hugs
Sue