Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Getting Side Tracked!


I had every good intention of sitting down and getting right to making my DH an anniversary card. Tomorrow will be 32 wonderful years! We have been very blessed.
Well, the bottom line is that I started doing the Hip To Be Square blog hop over at Gina K. Designs, first thing this morning, and I heard my set that was cut out but never inky, calling my name! It was saying "Pssst!, you over there, don't ya think I would be fun to play with?" It was more than I could take so this is what I made.
The only real part of this card that is from the HTBS set is the window grid. It is such a great part though, because it gives you that blank canvas to start on. I layed post it notes around the inside frame and sponged with Versamark Aegean Blue chalk ink. It is funny, because I had it all over my hands and it was very blue, but as you can see, it sponged like a dark snowy sky. Go figure! I added a little snowman from the Tags & More set and a line of trees from Lovely As A Tree. Both are SU sets. I used Liquid Applique to show dimensional snow. The trees were lightly outlined with diamond Stickles for sparkle. My sentiment is an unknown. I used white, cranberry tart, and onyx black Pure Luxury card stock for my my layers. I used an iridescent ribbon for my bow to tie in the glitz of the trees.
Time to make that card for hubby! Have a great day!

7 comments:

Carolyn King said...

love this!!! Adorable card!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So,so cute! Don't ya hate it when your stamps call your name! LOL! Happy Anniversary!

Theresa's Studio said...

Happy Anniversary! My DH and I also celebrate our 32nd anniversary tomorrow and it is also his Birthday. I too need to get busy and make him some cards. Been busy with yard work today doing prep for winter.

A Consuming Passion said...

Happt Anniversary to you and your DH hope you have a great day tomorrow!
You've created a beautiful snow scene here Mary Anne and incorporated some good stamp sets ... clever you.
Thanks for your answer to my stamp question yesterday.

Jennie said...

WOW, love how this turned out Mary Anne! Great combination of sets...

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Happy Anniversary!!! and yep, my stamps talk to me too!! and sometimes I even talk back!!! lovin your card here...all the sparkly and details!
looking forward to seeing what stamp spoke to you for your anniversary LOL hopefully it wasnt "flaky friends"....heee heeee heee! I know - go to bed Linda!