Saturday, July 27, 2019

Visiting Vintage


     This card opens a world of emotions to me.  My mom has been gone since 1997 and at that time, she was an avid collector of antique buttons.  She also bought and sold collections all over the world.  Parts of  her collection were photographed for the Big Book of Buttons, which is like the bible for collectors.  When I saw this stamp for sale on a FB group, I just had to have it!

     This card started with a white base and a layer of vintage floral.  I stamped my image in Memento ink and cut it out with a cross stitch rectangle die. This pretty stamp is from Stampington & Company. I colored sections in with a pale Copic marker and added Glossy Accent to my button holes for texture.  My gold foiled sentiment heart is from Crafter's Companion, as are my corner dies, I do believe.  The card is finished with a satin bow and a few pale pearls.

     I would like to enter this card at the Allsorts Challenge # 530/31 which is Buttons and Bows!

For now I have left it as a blank note until I find the right person.  Thanks for the visit, and I hope you have a fabulous weekend.

6 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful card and sweet memories of you mom! I love the delicate little corner dies - perfect touch!

jimlynn said...

I enlarged this so I could see it better and there's so many wonderful details - all the way down to those pearls. The stamp is fabulous!!! Such a beautiful card and will be perfect for someone special.
So many memories of your mom! Sounds like she was a very wonderful lady.
Lynn

Carol L said...

What a great tribute to your Mom and her hobby of collecting buttons! Love the vintage style stamp and all the other great elements added to it!

Kathleen said...

A really lovely creation and a great stamp to honour your Mother. Thank you for joining our 'Buttons and Bows' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card and great that it reminds you of your Mom, thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Wendy said...

Just gorgeous! I love how your honoring your mother on this card and for going after that stamp without thinking twice! Any card with buttons and pearls on is absolutely a work of art! Very vintage and so pretty! I bet your mom is smiling down on you! Well done, Mary Anne! <3