Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Never Too Many Birthday Cards!


     I always like to keep a large assortment of Birthday cards on hand.  I was watching a video about using scrap for backgrounds.  You take pieces that are at least 2 inches wide and cut them diagonally to form long triangles.  I like how this worked out, and i will be making more.

     My Flower Shop stamps and punch, from SU! was also being neglected so I added them to the mix.  The flowers were stamped in Rich Razzleberry and Wisteria Wonder.  My Happy Birthday die was a gift, so I am clueless.The only other thing was adding centers to my flowers with some Nuvo Crystal drops.

     I would like to enter this at Fab & Funky Challenges #448, which is the Colour Purple.

     This would also be great for the challenge at Pixie's Crafty Workshop #356, which is using all of       our Snippets.

     It is so funny to see some of the paper scraps I have hoarded!  It actually ages me!  LOL.....

     Have a wonderful Hump Day, and I hope to see you again soon!

6 comments:

Pat said...

Beautiful card Mary Anne, great idea for the background and it looks so good with the colours you have used. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Fab’n’Funky.

Pat xx

Chris said...

Beautiful card, the background is very effective and a great way to use up those leftover scraps! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n' Funky this week.
Chris
x

Carol L said...

That's a fantastic way to use those pretty snippets of dsp! Adding flowers just adds to the fun of a great birthday card! Well done!

Wendy said...

Super fun birthday card, Mary Anne! Love using the Starburst Technique as it makes for a very colorful card and also adds alot of interest! Awesome HB diecut and I really love the added flowers! Thanks for sharing this as a way to use up all those scraps! I too am a paper hoarder! LOL Have a wonderful day! :)

Darnell said...

What a fun and fabulous way to use your pp, Mary Anne! It's a great card! You'll be a star over at the Playground for sure and you'll get the corner piece of cake with the most frosting!! (I hear ya about how the pp hoard, er, stash can tell our age, lol!) Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Wonderful card Mary Anne! I love the sunburst technique - perfect for using up snippets as well.

Hugs

Di xx