Monday, July 29, 2019

A Background Challenge


     I have a friend who has been doing a beautiful job of using all of her older Stampin Up stamps.  She recently challenged me to create a card using a background stamp that we both own.

     The stamp is the Happy Birthday Greetings background stamp.  I was not quite sure how I was going to use it, but I think my card came out okay.  I started by using Versamark and gold embossing powder on a white panel.  I layered it on matte gold and a black card base.  I found this fun party hat die in my stash, and cut a couple for my side border.  For embellishments, I used gold Nuvo Drops, and some sparkly gold ribbon.

     Please visit Wendy's blog  at WeeBeeStampin4Fun here.  This was such a fun way to play with our stash!

     I would like to enter this card at the Double D Challenge, which is a Birthday Challenge.  I love the lower corner of the inspiration panel which is all black, white and gold.


     Thanks for visiting me today, and I hope you start your week off with a smile!

6 comments:

Diane said...

Pretty and elegant card...thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

Fabulous!! Love the party hats! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Birthday’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Wendy said...

OMGosh, Mary Anne!!! This card is amazing! Never doubt yourself on any card you make because they are all awesome! You & I must have been on the same wave length when we used these stamps because I had a party hat on mine too then took it off! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the black, gold & white and those party hat dies are so flippin cool and complete your card beautifully! There are no winners in this little challenge between us! Only winner is our stamps getting a breath of fresh air after all these years! A job well done, my friend! Let's do this again! :)

jimlynn said...

Your card came out great! Love the background stamp. That gold really shines too. Fabulous birthday card!
Lynn

Carol L said...

Great job challenging yourself to use that background stamp. The gold party hats are a great accent, and the gold embossing powder you used gives a great solid look!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love the gold!!