Thursday, March 7, 2019

Forever Friend.....


     Here is a card I made prior to us having to put down our Black Lab, Jessie Girl!  It has been a few weeks now and although she is so sadly missed, we all know it was for the best.   Sometimes I turn quickly as I feel her presence.


    My friend Carol sent me some punches from the SU dog punch that came out recently, and I had to create something.  I used more of my scraps, for the background, and added to a black base.  My stitched window is an unknown and I used the center for my sentiment.  My dog has a white embossed collar with a gem stone tag and a sweet little heart that is dangling from it's lips.  I finished my corners with black enamel dots.  I since purchased the punch, as I am feeling this will be used frequently!

     Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

4 comments:

Carol L said...

Awww, what a sweet card you made with the punched dog images! Love the fancy collar and heart held in the dog's mouth! Jessie was a faithful and devoted girl and you'll miss having that friend around for some time to come I'm sure.

Esther Asbury said...

Aww...I'm so sorry you lost your sweet doggie. We have two labs, and I hate to think of the day they're not around here anymore. Sweet card!
BTW - I live on the Eastern Shore of Virginia -- which "shore" are you moving to?

Dora said...

Beautiful and sweet card with te dog. So personal too.

Darnell said...

You've made such a fabulous card in tribute to Jessie, Mary Anne. I got a little teary-eyed seeing her photo because it reminded me of our Shadow, gone many years now. I just saw on Carol's blog that you retired and you're moving! I want to wish you all the best with the move and in the future! Make sure you send me your new address!! Hugs, Darnell