Saturday, September 8, 2018

Vroom, Vroom!


     Here we are at the weekend, again!  Wow it was a crazy, fast week!  Today I am going to do a little bit of catch up and post a couple times.  First on the agenda is a card that I made for an order.  A sweet lady at work, always asks me to make cards for her grands.  This one is for her GS Cooper, who seems to always have a Hot Wheel car in his pocket!


     When I saw the challenge over at Double D Challenges, called "Let's Pop A Wheelie", I knew this card was made for it!  This started with a black card base and a sheet of designer paper from Momenta, which is foiled and is called Accelerate!  How perfect is that?  I cut a MFT oval and sponged with blue.  My little cars are unmounted stamps which came in a collection I purchased and I am clueless to the maker.  Those I colored with Copic markers and added Glossy Accents to the windows. Next came the all important 4th,which I added to my oval.  I had a little banner die cut laying around, and applied die cut letters, evenly across it.  I did not like them in plain white, so I went back and used a ruler to make them 2 toned, evenly.  A few green jelly dots balanced thing out.

     I was pleased, she was please and I am glad I got to share!  Thanks for the visit, and check back later.

6 comments:

Carol L said...

How funny is it that we used the same dsp on our projects for the same challenge today? LOL Great card with those old corvettes and cadillac - perfect for a young car enthusiast. I like the way you added his name to the card too! GMTA Looks like a rainy forecast for the entire week ahead..........again!

Darlene said...

LOL ... looks like Great Minds Think Alike (you & Carol). This is adorable and Cooper is going to LOVE it! My grandson always had a hotwheel in his pocket too (he just turned 21 ... now it's the real thing lol). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Let’s Pop a WHEELie’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Diane said...

Fabulous card and design for a little "Hot Wheels" enthusiast! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, Cooper is going to LOVE this card. And yes, every 4-year old boy has a Hot Wheel in his pocket. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D POP A Wheelie Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!


Janice M said...

Adorable! Love those cars, they look just like matchboxes the way you used them. That's the perfect DP too. I'm sure it made him smile.

Wendy said...

This is a really awesome card! Ryan loved Matchbox cars when he was little and he too always had them shoved in his pockets! Even took them to the bathtub! LOL Love the design of your card and that you also personalized it with his name! That is a way cool feature along with that cool paper! WTG Mary Anne! You nailed this one! :)