Saturday, August 18, 2018

To the Moon and Back!


     Happy Saturday, y'all!  Today I have a card a fun technique and covering one of my favorite challenges.  I made this for The Double "D" Challenge, which this week, is Moon and Stars.

   
     My card starts with a charcoal base with a black panel that is stenciled with Unicorn White ink from Hero Arts.  I used a stencil with different size circles and applied different pressures with my white ink.  It looks like that Bokhen technique.  Something new for me!  I added my die cut moon, which I decide to leave the bits in.  It made it look like great embossing!  I scattered some acrylic stars from Recollections, to form my sky.  My sentiment is from Unity Stamp Co, and is backed with a silver panel.  I was quite pleased with how this turned out.

     I would also like to enter this at a new to me challenge called Cute Card Thursday.  The theme is Spots and Dots.  I made plenty of them!

     Today is suppose to be the end of this tropical weather in Pa.  I am so excited.  We have not even been able to sit on our deck, this summer.  We have one last stormy afternoon to get through and then refreshing!  Hope you have a great weekend!

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

Your card couldn't fit that challenge any better - or be any prettier! Love the circle background and the stunning moon!
Lynn

Darlene said...

Oh Mary Anne this is GORGEOUS! I haven't done that technique in a long time (thanks for inspiration)! And your moon looks AMAZING! Good idea to leave the bits in and emboss ... wow! Great job! Enjoy the upcoming coolness. We are to have ONE day of relief then back into the 80s Ugh! But Fall is right around the corner so I will wait and enjoy our deck a little more at that time just like you! Happy Day and Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘The Moon and the Stars’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh Mary - this is marvelous!! I love your background and that moon is "out of this word" cool! (pun intended - smile!) Awesome card!!

Vicki said...

Fabulous card, Mary Anne! That moon is downright stunning and I love the background you have created. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Moon & Stars" Challenge.

Carol L said...

What a great take on the challenge. Loving that golden moon and it does look embossed. I haven't been able to enjoy sitting on the porch in weeks here! It's either too humid or the mosquitos bite the living daylights out of us! And now the days are getting shorter..........sigh. Ah well, fall should be nice and welcome when it arrives in a little while.

Janice M said...

Mary Anne you rocked this challenge! Love that moon die its so pretty. I'm hopin the weather soon gets a bit cooler this heat has been killin me! LOL

Barbara said...

Awe... This is an awesome sentiment and you have illustrated it so well. Thanks so much for playing in our ‘You are a STAR!’ challenge at Dies R Us as well as the 'Moon and Stars' challenge over at Double D.
Barbara DT Member

Wendy said...

This is beautiful, Mary Anne! Love that good embossed moon and your Bokeh technique! Love, love, love! I have never done this technique this way but have recently learned how. I too must give it a try! Love your sentiment as it completes your card beautifully! TFS and have a great week ahead! :)

Deb said...

Wow, this is stunning!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx