Thursday, May 17, 2018

Doubling Up


     How is it possible for May to be half over?  Just so hard to believe!  I hope someone, somewhere is having nice weather, but as for us in PA, we are wet.

   
     I decided to play in a couple challenges, and I combined 2 for something different.  My card starts with a white base and a layer of printed design in yummy colors.  My flag panel is done with Bazzill card and embossed with a Sizzix folder.  My yellow flower border is a Paper Frill from Doodlebug.  The top spray is a vine die with Prima flowers, topped with clear gems.  My House Mouse stamp is called Two-Part Harmony.  The sentiment was purchased on Ebay, and is part of a set called Spring Sentiments by Stampendous.  Coloring was done with Copics.

     I will be taking this to the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, which is Anything Goes with the option of flowers.  Also, my sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketches # 453.

     I know my bird is a little far fetched, but hey, I had fun!

12 comments:

Wendy said...

Really cute card with so many things to look at on it! Love the House Mouse & bird image and they are colored so nicely! Your paper and embossed panels are just perfect! And I have to say that the sentiment fits the bill perfectly, Mary Anne! Super cute! And you do know that birds love to sing in the rain...me, not so much! I need some warmth & sunshine!

Jenée said...

Such a sweet little House Mouse image. Very nice interpretation of our sketch. Thank you for sharing this card with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches. So cute!

jimlynn said...

So sweet and pretty - AND a great take on that sketch too! Love that image.
Just remember, if it's wet now, it's going to be so green and pretty later!
Lynn

Carol L said...

What a colorful and adorable card! Gotta love the little bird signing with the mouse, but I like all the texture with the embossed hexes and flowers! Thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge and I hope you're staying dry!

Debbie said...

Sweet card! I love that mouse and birdie image! And embossing is always a good idea! :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Mary Anne :-) the image really made me smile, best buddies singing together haha :-) the whole design of this is adorable! LOVE it :-)

Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge 🐰
luv
Lols x x x

Sue said...

What a bright fun background for these two buds singing the day away. Love the colors too. Thanks Mary Anne, for joining the fun and sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Melissa Craig said...

So very sweet Mary Anne. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Christine said...

Hi Mary Anne awww these guys are having such a good time sinning makes me want to join in ..lol adore your fab design papers loving the clours, super cute take on the option theme Flowers.

Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse & Friends Mon chall.
Smiles Christine x

aussie aNNie said...

Love your card, and your stamp is gorgeously coloured.
Thanks so much for entering into our 'FLOWER POWER" /Anything goes current challenge and good luck in the draw. . {aNNie}Designer for House Mouse and Friends

Helen said...

So cute! Love the bright colours!
Thanks for playing at House Mouse & Friends!
Helen (GDT) x

KarinsArtScrap said...

Mary Ann
it's a very beautiful card

Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
Goodluck and hope we see you again.

Gr Karin DT Member