Sunday, September 16, 2012

Happy Birthday OWH, and an Any Hero Challenge!

     Hello, and a happy Sunday to all.  I am finally getting around to offering up a happy birthday wish to Operation Write Home.  I am so happy to finally be part of this great work!  The Mid Week Throwdown, this week, is to create an "Any Hero"card, that can be included in a shipment for one of our amazing hero's.


     My first card was made using a colored, digital image that I received as a gift from my friend Colleen.  Thanks, buddy, I will sure be using this one again.  I used an assortment of sage and white card stock, My sentiment is from Sweet and Sassy from their Patriotic Cocoa set.  My die cut border is from MFT  Die-namics, and is called Open Scalloped Edge..  The pretty little crystal stars, were a find at Goodwill.


     Card number two, uses my new Thank You stamp from Stampers Best, along with and altered digital star and papers from my scrap bin.  I just love when things come together so quickly.

     On a personal note....  My day long cook-a-thon, this past Friday, was a big success.  I think my new DIL had a great birthday party!  I did not get to be outside as much as I would have liked. Due to the crazy bee population, I was forced to man the house.  People made trips inside to chat, and I got to bond with my new grand-puppy.  He was such a good boy!

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

BOTH are fantastic! Love the image on the first one and your coloring. The second is awesome!
Lynn

craftieodmae said...

both cards are awesome!!!! Glad the party was a hit, bad bees, maybe next party will be indoors!!!

Patti P. said...

Hi Mary Anne, both of these are gorgeous. I love that patriotic birdhouse! I went back and looked to see what I had been missing and your vintage cards are stunning, love that monochromatic blue one. Glad the party went well and I am sure you all had a fabulous time. Hope you are enjoying your Sunday.
Take care,

StampTramps said...

The birdhouse image sure is a beauty and easy to see why you'll be using it again. I love the digi star too! I don't do much with digital images and I'm really excited to see all the things you are doing with them!

Betty Benton said...

Fabulous cards, Mary Anne! Glad I don't have to vote on a favorite!

Carol L said...

Fabulous cards! I just love that patriotic birdhouse - SO cute! And the star on the 2nd one is AWESOME! I love the curved design and white stitches! NJ on both!

Glenda said...

Both of your cards are wonderful. I especially love the birdhouse cad! So bright and cheerful! Well done!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
These are fantastic, They sure will be scrambling for your cards.

Payne Holler Cards said...

Love em Both! Somebody is going to be smilin (-:
Glad party went well, Bummer about bees!