Sunday, May 13, 2012

HM #119 Humor


     Happy Mother's Day!  Hope all of you hard working mom's, had a bit of a rest and were pampered for a time. I was fortunate to have each child for a visit today.  The new groom did not stay past lunch at Olive Garden, as he is fighting a cold and was trying to keep his distance. It is now quiet, and I get to play in the stamp room.

     The newest House Mouse Monday Challenge is about humor.  I dug out the funniest HM stamp I own, and went to work.  It is called Monster Mouse.  When I found this unmounted stamp, in the bottom of a bag, I was sure I found the right sentiment.  Life sure gets crazy sometimes, and we have to stop and give it a giggle.

Ink:  Versafine, Copics, Distress Ink
Stamps:  House Mouse, and Unknown
Card stock:  All scraps from Marco's Paper
Designer Paper:  Basic Grey Out of Print
Embellishments:  Prima flowers, Dew Drops, MS branch Punches
Dies: Spellbinders Labels Twenty-three, Fancy Tags

     Thanks for stopping around, and enjoy what is left of your day!

16 comments:

Sue said...

Mary Anne, despite the beautiful coloring and design of this darling card, I sure had a giggle. Such a cute stamp and your right that sentiment was made for this card!! Glad you had a great Mom's Day.

Hugs
Sue

Donna Hanley said...

Mary Anne, How funny! I love the images and your sentiment just made me laugh out loud. Great card. Glad to hear you had a nice Mother's Day. enjoy your week

Catherine said...

Cute card and great sentiment....

downrightcrafty said...

super image choice this one does make me smile, gorgeous colouring and presentation too, thank you for joining us for our Humour challenge this week at HM&FM Challenges, hope you will join us at the end of this challenge for the next too
Hugs Kate xx

craftieodmae said...

sorry I hav3 been missing so much here lately, busy busy, I have looked at all of your and man, they are gorgeous, yes we do need to chat!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day a little visiting and a little quiet time, perfect. Your card is too cute, love when a card brings smiles and you do so well with the House Mouse. Cute.

Carol L said...

I love this whimsical HM image and the sentiment you added to it! TOO funny :)

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
How cute is that little mouse bearing his teeth.
Kinda reminds me of my fellow coworkers. LOL

Jocelyn said...

Those little mice are always up to some fun. Really cute card.
Jocelyn x
HM&FMC Guest DT for May

The Other Patti Sue said...

BAhahahahah.... super funny! Totally adorable card! So happy you had a great Mother's day!

JD/ Jill said...

Your card is both funny, and beautiful at the same time. so nicely done!

Christine said...

Hi Mary Anne yep you sure gave me a giggle with this cute HM creation..defo fits the bill for our Humour chall theme.. lovely design & colouring, perfect sentiment.

Thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends chall

smiles Christine x

Claudia said...

Hi Marry Ann, that's soooooo cute. Just lovely.
Hugs Claudia

Heather said...

Tee-hee-hee - thas is hilarious!!!
Your design and colouring is brilliant Mary Anne!!!
Thanks for the giggle,
hugs
Heather xx
and thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends challenge

Erin- said...

This is HILARIOUS! Not sure which I like more, the image or the sentiment!! I've never even seen this stamp before, but it just went to the top of my wishlist!! Love this card!! Great job!

Dorte said...

Fnis (= LOL) perfect image and sentiment for our Humor challenge. Lovely colouring.
Thanks for joining House Mouse & Friends Monday challenge and good luck.
Mousey Hugs from Dorte