Thursday, May 3, 2012

Craft A Scene Second Entry


Holy moley, it's Thursday, it's Thursday, already!  Eeeeeek!  I sat down to play for a litttle bit, and kept thinking about the Silhouette Challenge over at Craft a Scene.  There are only a couple of days left to get in your entry.  I decided to add a second one. This time I was thinking tropical.  You should have seen my work space after this one.

Here is what I used:
Card stock:  Onyx Black Pure Luxury, white generic
Designer paper: Tropical stripe from my scraps
Stamps:  Animal borders by Flonz, Beach Life by Flourishes, Tropical Vacation by Mark's Finest
Inks:  Distress Inks by Ranger (assorted colors), Versafine Onyx Black
Embellishments: Prima's, glitter gems by Sticko, black polka dot ribbon, and MS branch punches

A bit of Glossy Accents was added to the clouds, to keep them white during distressing.  The palm and water are all outlined with a Sakura Clear Stardust pen, for sparkle.  Just could not get it to show up, due to gloomy conditions here in PA.

Thanks for paying a visit!  Your comments keep me going.

13 comments:

craftieodmae said...

WOWZERS!!!!! Girlfriend this is absolutley eye popping, jaw dropping gorgeous!!!! So glad you joined us at Craft A Scene!!!!

Theresa's Studio said...

This is a spectacular scene. Lot of work in this tropical wonder! Love the card!

A Consuming Passion said...

Ah what a great card it reminds me of summer.........that thing we didn't get this year!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are the scene queen! This is beautiful in every way!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Holy moley is right! This is gorgeous. I love the theme and I know what you mean by "you should see my desk" LOL. It seems like the craft a scene cards are the most intense ones I do. But so well worth it! Yours is a real work of art!

NancyD said...

Oh, Mary Anne, this is fantastic. I love your water line and the beautiful and colorful sky! Thanks for coming back and playing with us again at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Holly Young said...

Beautiful Mary Anne! The colors you used are perfect and serene!

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a lovely scene, can I go?? I can just sit on the beach and watch the sunset, love it.

Janice M said...

Oh what a beautiful scene you have created!! Makes me think of being in Florida! Hope all is well! Enjoy the beautiful weather were having!

Becky said...

This is awesome Mary Anne, I love this!

Deanna said...

Absolutely Stunning Mary Anne, This scene is fun (eye candy) to look at with all the colors and cute stamps:)

Sue said...

Ahhh, yes, would love to be here on the beach. Beautiful card, Mary Anne, and I know what you mean about using everything you got to make a card, isn't putting it all away the pits!!

Hugs
Sue

Carol L said...

I love this silhouette image and the card you've made from it! I need to add more silhouette stamps to my collection!