Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Art Impressions Challenge #64 Anything Medical


     Hi, friends!  I could not let the week go by without my entry into the Art Impressions Challenge.  This week the theme is "Anything Medical".  Although I have one of their funny old nurses, I decided to go with Mr Turtle and his saying.   They are L-1603, and E-1678.  Some real oldies from back in the day, but they never let me down, when I need a get well for a man.  I just love coloring this little fellow, also.


     I did a close up so you could see how I added Crystal Lacquer to areas of his shell to give him some texture.  My stock and papers are Kraft and White Pure Luxury, and designer paper from Basic Grey.  Coloring was done with Copic Markers, and the ferns were die cut with Spellbinders Foilage dies.  Just added a few gems as embellishments.


     Sorry this is so short, but there is a bad storm coming.  Have a good evening!

8 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Hope you don't lose power! I love Mr. Turtle!

Sue said...

Awww, shucks, he's cute! Since you are playing nurse these days for your hubby, this seemed so appropriate!!

Hugs
Sue

The Other Patti Sue said...

How adorable.... made me full out smile!

craftieodmae said...

I am so far behind on commenting......sorry, but the kitchen is done, I have discovered one thing, I'm to old for that kinda stuff LOL. I totally love this card, he's such a cute fellow!!!!

Carol L said...

Hah! That's one mighty cute turtle and his expression is priceless :) Love the foliage!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
WOW! you have some of the greatest stamps I've ever seen. I love this one and of course your coloring is great as always.

Becky said...

hahaha, what a great card, he sure put a smile on my face. And great sentiment.

Stamper Gyrl said...

Very cute card. Love the turtle!
Thanks for joining at AI this week!
Tracy