Friday, September 17, 2010

In The Still Of The Night.........

Things have finally taken a cooler turn here in Pennsylvania! It is so good to be able to shut off the AC for spells and open windows. There just seems to be one problem. Long about 10 or 11 p.m., a visitor comes to spoil all of our fresh air. We have to do the nightly run to slam all the windows shut. I swear that this little critter, squirts just for something to do! Even the dog does not want to do her nightly walkies. This is my little skunk creeping around my yard, hunting for tasty morsels in the fall leaves.

When I saw this adorable new set from Mark's Finest Paper, I just had to get it. The sentiments are so versatile and I am sure I will be using it to create some little projects for the girls at work. The set is called Stinky Situation. Don't you just love it? This is for Speedy's challenge #20, to use fall colors.

I added a few little extra stamps from assorted companies to create the rest of my scene. Everything was stamped in Memento, Tuxedo Black. My card stocks are Gina K. Pure Luxury. Touches of color were added with Copic Marker. I did a little embossing with a TH Texture Fade. Accents are amber pearls from Queen & Co.

Have a wonderful weekend. After work today, I plan on a stampfest the next couple days! Hope you can stop back around.

13 comments:

Virgo5 said...

I guess skunks are on the same schedule everywhere because that's when ours come out too! I love your card, and your trees are coloured beautifully!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Betty Benton said...

Love the skunk story -- luckily, we don't have any who frequent our back yard; guess the deer, raccoons and squirrels get all the tasty morsels here. By the way, what do skunks consider tasty morsels??????

Payne Holler Cards said...

tooo funny! I ran over an already dead skunk the other day and my car stunk for days!!! must have been fresh "road kill" yuk!
your trees look like I could reach out and touch them...

Lynn McAuley said...

It is a fun set and what a delightful card you have created with it, Mary Anne!!

Thanks so very much for creating this wonderful card with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's fall colors challenge!!

craftieodmae said...

This is beautiful!!! Thanks so much for all your comments and prayers, we're back home!!! I'll call ya later!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute!! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Carol L said...

This little stinker really is cute!! I love the trees and embossed panel in the background! Don't you hate when those critters need to squirt in your neighborhood? AACK!!

redwasher1 said...

Mary Anne your card is fabulous and I know what you mean about those little visitors.!! LOL
Thanks for playing at Speedy's Friends.

Joanne (jojot) said...

those birches really rock on this natural beauty....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week

Janice M said...

Cute, even if it is a skunk! ;0) I really like your trees too.

buggin2stamp said...

I almost hit one the other night on the way home from church. My niece was with me and she screamed like a girl when I hit the brakes to avoid it. LOL! I didn't want my car to get all stinky. Skunks are horrible little creatures. Not sure, but I think God decided to be a practical joker when He created them.
Your card is awesome. Love the trees.

Becky said...

how cute is this..Real cute :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is to stinkin cute... sorry I just had to say it!